Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of soft holsters, is a used M12 military surplus holster for the Beretta M9 considered a “soft holster”?

https://fullmetaljacket.com/products/usgi-m12-holster-used
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just max calibers of. 308 and. 45 I believe. No full auto. Also, I've inquired multiple times, 40mm munitions are also not permitted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aside from soft holsters, is there any other gear that is prohibited?  Bipods?  SERPA holsters?

Just max calibers of. 308 and. 45 I believe. No full auto. Also, I've inquired multiple times, 40mm munitions are also not permitted.

BOO!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Speaking of soft holsters, is a used M12 military surplus holster for the Beretta M9 considered a “soft holster”?

https://fullmetaljacket.com/products/usgi-m12-holster-used
View Quote

I would assume so.  

Per the rules:  "Pistols must be kept in a hard retention style holster. Soft/cloth holsters are not permitted."

You can email the course staff.  I did and they got back to me pretty quick.

@Equin

With the War on Terror dying down and the M9 service pistol getting replaced by the SIG, you can find a lot of milsurp Safariland 6004 and 6005 holsters for cheap.  It will hold an M9 just as secure as the M12 but allows for a faster draw than any flap holster.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Less than 2 weeks!!

Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck to everyone running on the 11th. I'm signed up for January 15th at the RWR and I'm hoping to get to go to Farrell.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully I'll be running in pure comfort.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that the Tab biathalon sling?  Anyone running the 5k Sunday?

I'm thinking about the Farrell one.  I'm building out a SPR-ish type rifle that will need to show it's potential.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looking forward to seeing you guys there. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/20211129_103923-2185515.jpg
View Quote

There was a guy at the WTF that had a sling like that along with a kydex "hook" attached at the 9 o'clock position of his belt that would secure the rifle from bouncing around.

Must have worker fairly well, he was one of the two guys that ran the 10k twice on Saturday. Placed in the top 10 on both runs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The event email just went out with rules, start times, etc.  I'm supposed to be in a group with a buddy but we have different start times. I'm having him get in touch with them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The event email just went out with rules, start times, etc.  I'm supposed to be in a group with a buddy but we have different start times. I'm having him get in touch with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, they stagger the starts for each individual runner, I don't imagine they'll have an issue with you starting together.

Quoted:
Is that the Tab biathalon sling?  Anyone running the 5k Sunday?

I'm thinking about the Farrell one.  I'm building out a SPR-ish type rifle that will need to show it's potential.

Yeah, it's the Tab Biathalon sling. I will be on my way home with the family after breakfast on Sunday. They'll be running around San Antonio sightseeing while I'm doing the 10k on saturday.

I'm starting a build with a Larue lower that I have laying around. Going to throw a giesselle SSP trigger in it, a Larue Barrel and a gieselle rail of some sort. More than likely going to get an ACOG with an RMR on it and make it a dedicated RnG rifle. I imagine I'll do most, if not all of, next season with my Mforgery/M203 though before I finish the new gat.

Quoted:

There was a guy at the WTF that had a sling like that along with a kydex "hook" attached at the 9 o'clock position of his belt that would secure the rifle from bouncing around.

Must have worker fairly well, he was one of the two guys that ran the 10k twice on Saturday. Placed in the top 10 on both runs.

I heard about those two guys after we were sitting around waiting for the awards after the Sunday 5k the next day. The guy that took first on saturday ran sunday with a fucked up leg. Still took 1st on sunday too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm starting a build with a Larue lower that I have laying around. Going to throw a giesselle SSP trigger in it, a Larue Barrel and a gieselle rail of some sort. More than likely going to get an ACOG with an RMR on it and make it a dedicated RnG rifle. I imagine I'll do most, if not all of, next season with my Mforgery/M203 though before I finish the new gat.
View Quote

Sounds like what you're building is a combo of my current primary and future SPR-ish.  My current is a 14.5 w/Acog and RMR on top.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Giggity! A new event has been posted.

Farrell Run and Gun

Thank you to @74novaman who is already signed up for the 10k for the heads up. I really want to go to the RWR but family plans may interfere so I'm glad they are already opening up another event. I need to check with my scheduler to see if we have any plans.
View Quote

Okay.  I'm likely in on this one.  This would be my first event of this type.  Any clue from anyone no typical round count of these things?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Okay.  I'm likely in on this one.  This would be my first event of this type.  Any clue from anyone no typical round count of these things?
View Quote

Here's the round count for next week's match so you get kind of an idea.

That's for if you don't drop any shots, so bring more than that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Here's the round count for next week's match so you get kind of an idea. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/Screenshot_20211201-081346_Gmail-2190774.jpg

That's for if you don't drop any shots, so bring more than that.
View Quote

Great. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Looking forward to seeing you guys there. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/20211129_103923-2185515.jpg
View Quote
We're definitely going to need an AAR for that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys running Saturday check the weather?  Better get those wind holds in order.

I'm going to have to take it really easy this Sunday.  I really, really overexerted myself running at the range Saturday in a short amount of time.  Getting old(er) sucks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#17]
With a 350 max hopefully wind won’t be too much of an issue.

I haven’t run one of these in a couple years. Definitely gonna have gear issues after I broke it all out lol.

Should be fun. Hopefully it wont be pissing rain
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Make sure you folks are hydrating, starting now.

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make sure you folks are hydrating, starting now.

View Quote

Started yesterday.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Both my kids decided to be sick today.

If you want an 0900~ slot PM me and I’ll give you my name. No idea how to contact them but you can show them the PM.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Good luck guys, have fun with the wind.

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It shouldn't be too bad with a 350 yards alleged max range.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but it will make it fun if you are running/walking into it.

It is pretty damn breezy outside ATX right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, but it will make it fun if you are running/walking into it.

It is pretty damn breezy outside ATX right now.
View Quote

It's pretty goddamned cold.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#26]
High was 83 yesterday, today the high is 59 with wind gusts to 40 mph from the north.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#27]
You Sunday runners are gonna have fun. Lol.
That's all I'll say.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Good luck today.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Done.  Just hanging out by my car, waiting for the results.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Done.  Just hanging out by my car, waiting for the results.
View Quote

How'd you like the shoot house? I hope you checked your corners.

Was it that windy today for yall? Wind played hell with us in the am yesterday. Was moving 55 gr about 3 feet to the right at 150 yards.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Was it that windy today for yall? Wind played hell with us in the am yesterday. Was moving 55 gr about 3 feet to the right at 150 yards.
View Quote

I ran in the morning.  The wind was gusty on the long shot stage.  Had to offset to just off the target.

Guys that ran yesterday and today said the shoot house was easier today.  Nobody popped out from behind a corner to get me.

Looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I ran in the morning.  The wind was gusty on the long shot stage.  Had to offset to just off the target.

Guys that ran yesterday and today said the shoot house was easier today.  Nobody popped out from behind a corner to get me.

Looking forward to the next one.
View Quote

There was an extremely high rate of DNFs yesterday. Some folks were whining about it, but that's how a final event should be for a year. You're  going to be at RWR in January?

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

What was that you said about the wind???
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What was that you said about the wind???
View Quote

Lol. Yeah. The no shoot targets were right next to one of em. People's wind calls were getting them impacts on the no shoot.

That shit was rough. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
@JASIRR
@Sharkman6

How'd you guys do?

Saw that the scores were posted.

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#37]
@joshdb50

Top 20 overall and almost top 10 in the shooting portion out of 63.  I'd say "respectable" for a Gen Xer at his first Run N Gun.  The shoot house was awesome.  Loved shooting through and around all the cars on the different stages.  Our last stage was the bus (awesome) and I caught a piece of shrapnel right in the middle of my forehead off a pistol plate.  So when I crossed the finish line I had blood running down my face.

Already looking forward to the next one.  Many thanks for posting this up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@JASIRR
@Sharkman6

How'd you guys do?

Saw that the scores were posted.

View Quote

Happy with my first run (at least the run part), but my shooting needs some work, especially the pistol.  It is time to upgrade from the stock iron sights on the pistol.  That or get an eye transplant.

I've got an old revolver that's going on the EE to upgrade the pistol.

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We're definitely going to need an AAR for that.
View Quote

So, I preferred it to the VTAC biathlon sling I was running. Much more comfortable throughout the run. I spent zero and less time fucking with this sling to get ready for this match, and spent a little time jacking with it as I went. Found a happy place for it and just chugged along.

Did get some bruising on my back from it, but my rifle is also heavy as fuck. I didn't see this when I ran WTF in the fall with the VTAC and dropped the launcher.

All in all, do recommend. But spend some time jacking with it prior to a match.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@joshdb50

Top 20 overall and almost top 10 in the shooting portion out of 63.  I'd say "respectable" for a Gen Xer at his first Run N Gun.  The shoot house was awesome.  Loved shooting through and around all the cars on the different stages.  Our last stage was the bus (awesome) and I caught a piece of shrapnel right in the middle of my forehead off a pistol plate.  So when I crossed the finish line I had blood running down my face.

Already looking forward to the next one.  Many thanks for posting this up.
View Quote

@JASIRR

Fucking awesome, man. Glad to hear you had a good time. I split the top of my head open at WTF in the Spring... finished bleeding all over the place, started getting lightheaded about half a mile from the finish line on that one. When it happened, blood flowed, I wiped it off my brow to keep it from getting into my glasses. Told some medic lady at one of the stages to "leave me alone, I signed the waiver, I'm finishing."

We chalked it up to me not wearing my lucky Run and Gun hawaiian shirt.

Did you happen to sign up for the January RWR match? 2022 Series

If you guys keep signing up for the 5k's I'm going to have to start doing both.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Happy with my first run (at least the run part), but my shooting needs some work, especially the pistol.  It is time to upgrade from the stock iron sights on the pistol.  That or get an eye transplant.

I've got an old revolver that's going on the EE to upgrade the pistol.

View Quote

The first time I did one of these it was a eye opening experience when it came to pistol work. Getting a red dot on my pistol and glasses has helped me tremendously. I can't encourage taking those steps enough if you're going to keep doing these matches.

I did my first one with a stock G19. Now I'm running a G34 with a Trijicon RMR on it. About to get a fancier trigger too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@JASIRR

Fucking awesome, man. Glad to hear you had a good time. I split the top of my head open at WTF in the Spring... finished bleeding all over the place, started getting lightheaded about half a mile from the finish line on that one. When it happened, blood flowed, I wiped it off my brow to keep it from getting into my glasses. Told some medic lady at one of the stages to "leave me alone, I signed the waiver, I'm finishing." https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/169134263_953598205410952_21177122813280-2201860.jpg

We chalked it up to me not wearing my lucky Run and Gun hawaiian shirt.

Did you happen to sign up for the January RWR match? 2022 Series

If you guys keep signing up for the 5k's I'm going to have to start doing both.
View Quote

Ha, that's great.  Leave me alone lady!

I looked at the scoring closer and I had two top 10 finishes in the individual shooting stages.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#43]
One of the guys in our group mentioned the one in January.  I'll talk to my shooting buddy and see if he wants to go.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
One of the guys in our group mentioned the one in January.  I'll talk to my shooting buddy and see if he wants to go.
View Quote

Do it. I just ordered some 40mm pouches for the January match.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like a I missed a wild party. This was the only run I couldn't make this year. Pissed I missed a shoot house.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sounds like a I missed a wild party. This was the only run I couldn't make this year. Pissed I missed a shoot house.
View Quote

Yeah, only 29 shooters ( just had to check the results again to be sure) out of 90 finished the 10k without a DNF. Shit was rough.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah but how many had an M203?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah but how many had an M203?
View Quote

Highlander.jpg

Hell, I was the first one to clear all 7 stages Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be able to use some m781 at future OED run and guns.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#49]
It's easier get forgiveness than permission. Send it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, it's official. M781 is GTG.

I've never had a rule created for me, you better bring that shit.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top