Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2021 7:58:23 PM EDT
Meeting Link

It will be at the George R Brown.  I’m going to check out the floor show.  I call it a poor man’s SHOT show since I do not have industry access to that one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It was fun walking around the one in Dallas a few years ago, but not amazing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Going to Houston also sounds bad
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my newborn son a life membership in 2013 at the NRA convention in Houston and I upgraded my membership to a life at the same time for $300 each. I will go the NRA convention again.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If the NRA is still around and the show isn't cancelled, I plan on going.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered entrance badges, though I'm not positive that I'm going to attend.  Houston traffic is such a cluster around downtown.  And I'm not sure that I want to pay the going rates for a hotel close to the convention center.  

But the event in Dallas was definitely a good time, so that may sway my decision to the positive side.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
There's quite a bit of street parking around the convention center, and an underground lot right across the street.  

Downtown traffic isn't bad if you avoid the rush hours, and I think a lot of places downtown are still low occupancy.  The nearby park and ride to downtown used to be full of cars - now it's two rows only.

In between gun exhibits you can hop on the monorail and ride it to the Herman park area, to check out the zoo or awesome Museum of Natural Science.

Looking forward to the show.  Maybe I'll wear my suit and heckle Wayne about how at least I paid for my own.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Houston in early September is gonna be miserable
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually had lots of fun there, Scot, but I ran into dozens of shooters and people I know in the industry, and I also got lots of cool swag and won a few prizes, scored some cheap deals, and watched Trump's address
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
We can set up a GOA membership recruiting booth right outside. At least GOA has done something in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We can set up a GOA membership recruiting booth right outside. At least GOA has done something in Texas.
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
It's also Labor Day weekend, so I don't know how turnout is going to be.

Downtown traffic should be light that Friday.

But early September temps will be hotter than Satan's butthole.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Houston in early September is gonna be miserable
View Quote

Houston is always miserable.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that is a good idea.  I suppose the entrance in front of GRB is a public walkway, as you know otherwise the Suits would try to get the booth removed.  Can't let anyone see what an effective pro-gun organization looks like or is able to accomplish.  

More that willing to man the booth for some parts of the NRA convention, and let folks know what GOA was able to accomplish this year.  Let's bring it up to the GOA crew during the summer when they've had a chance to take some time off.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Now that is a good idea.  I suppose the entrance in front of GRB is a public walkway, as you know otherwise the Suits would try to get the booth removed.  Can't let anyone see what an effective pro-gun organization looks like or is able to accomplish.  

More that willing to man the booth for some parts of the NRA convention, and let folks know what GOA was able to accomplish this year.  Let's bring it up to the GOA crew during the summer when they've had a chance to take some time off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will wear my GOA, even better, see if we can get GOA shirts made, with ‘We got it done in 2021, Constitutional Carry in Texas’ on the back.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Meeting Link

It will be at the George R Brown.  I’m going to check out the floor show.  I call it a poor man’s SHOT show since I do not have industry access to that one.
View Quote

NRA expo is better than SHOT even though it's half the size.  Vendors want to make sales at SHOT and don't like regular folk taking up their time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump.  To not get archived.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#18]
It's still on my calendar.  I've not booked overnight accommodations.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#19]
If Trump attends I’ll heckle him about why he’s so anti 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I do intend to go at least two days and I will go to the meeting and i hope there is a way to speak or make a motion to fire Wayne.  I will have something prepared to say if the opportunity presents itself.

Does anyone have a printed agenda of the annual meeting.  I have not been able to find one online yet but that does not surprise me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I do intend to go at least two days and I will go to the meeting and i hope there is a way to speak or make a motion to fire Wayne.  I will have something prepared to say if the opportunity presents itself.

Does anyone have a printed agenda of the annual meeting.  I have not been able to find one online yet but that does not surprise me.
View Quote

The actual business meeting should be on Saturday:  https://www.nraam.org/media/3327/2021-am-schedule-at-a-glance-72121.pdf

If you're looking for an agenda for the business meeting, it's usually distributed there, and it's very generic.  It will only mention "prior business" and "new business" and not detailed items that will be discussed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The actual business meeting should be on Saturday:  https://www.nraam.org/media/3327/2021-am-schedule-at-a-glance-72121.pdf

If you're looking for an agenda for the business meeting, it's usually distributed there, and it's very generic.  It will only mention "prior business" and "new business" and not detailed items that will be discussed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to the business meeting in Dallas and iirc there is a time for people to speak and make motions.  It was mostly bs. Someone needs to state the obvious.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a good time at the Dallas one a few years ago and will be heading to Houston.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:03:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I went to the show last time it was in Houston. I brought home way too much crap!

I don’t get downtown much and I don’t remember where I parked but I’ll see if the grandson wants to go; maybe his Dad will let us use his NRG parking.

I hope the wuflu doesn’t put the kibosh on things!
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I went to the show last time it was in Houston. I brought home way too much crap!

I don’t get downtown much and I don’t remember where I parked but I’ll see if the grandson wants to go; maybe his Dad will let us use his NRG parking.

I hope the wuflu doesn’t put the kibosh on things!
View Quote

Houston can become a mess real fast between the dumb mayor and Dora the Explorer the county judge they would love to lock Houston down tighter than a drum or at least make everyone wear face diapers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We're planning to host an ARFCOM after hours gathering at NRAAM. I don't have all the details yet, but we've already locked down a venue.

View Quote

If I'm not working I'm down!

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Be there wearing my GOA shirt.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#28]
First major opportunity for PLC:

Q: Is concealed carry allowed at the Show?

A: During the 150th NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, personal firearms may be carried in the George R. Brown Convention Center in accordance with Texas law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all federal, state and local laws.”
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We're planning to host an ARFCOM after hours gathering at NRAAM. I don't have all the details yet, but we've already locked down a venue.

View Quote

Where is this being discussed so I can check up on it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I will be working the Texas State Rifle Assoc booth Saturday Morning
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Houston is always miserable.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Houston can become a mess real fast between the dumb mayor and Dora the Explorer the county judge they would love to lock Houston down tighter than a drum or at least make everyone wear face diapers.
View Quote

Yeah, it won't surprise me if the Mayor and Harris County Judge try to say the convention is "unsafe", and shut it down using public heath goons - they tried something similar last year at a Republican meeting in Houston.

They don't have the authority to just decree it to be illegal, so may use some public heath cutout to say it can't happen.  

Should be a good time - I've not been to an NRA convention so will enjoy touring the vendor displays, as well as heckling Suits until I'm shown the door.  

I suppose the gun manufactures don't sell guns during the show, but what is for sale - everything else?  Sights, holsters, lights, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#35]
The first time in Houston 2013 I think it was, there was very little stuff being sold that you could take with you. In Dallas in 2018 there was alot of stuff being sold that you could take with you. Those are the only 2 NRA conventions I have been to.
I also agree that the Houston city council / county judge will try and shut it down due to the bat sniffles.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will be working the Texas State Rifle Assoc booth Saturday Morning
View Quote

Good man, thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, it won't surprise me if the Mayor and Harris County Judge try to say the convention is "unsafe", and shut it down using public heath goons - they tried something similar last year at a Republican meeting in Houston.

They don't have the authority to just decree it to be illegal, so may use some public heath cutout to say it can't happen.  

Should be a good time - I've not been to an NRA convention so will enjoy touring the vendor displays, as well as heckling Suits until I'm shown the door.  

I suppose the gun manufactures don't sell guns during the show, but what is for sale - everything else?  Sights, holsters, lights, etc.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accessories and ya can buy from dealers like DSG arms that are located in the same state
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I actually had lots of fun there, Scot, but I ran into dozens of shooters and people I know in the industry, and I also got lots of cool swag and won a few prizes, scored some cheap deals, and watched Trump's address
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son flew in from AZ and we had a great time. Had a chance for a long chat with John Plaster and said hello to Bob Brown.

Best part was the father and son time.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:03:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I have my badges on order.  I have not come up with a convention plan yet.  I guess I need to look into what all is going on other than the exhibition hall.

I can kind of joke.  My main reason of going is to get a new set of ear impressions made.  I am sick and tired of my earbuds popping out all the time.  If I can get a custom sleeves made, it might work.  I really like the noise cancelling system - but it sucks when they fall out.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#40]
My entry passes arrived yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have a list of local  companies   that will have booths at the NRA show ?     Would be good to find new local companies to support !
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I had a good time at the Dallas one a few years ago and will be heading to Houston.
View Quote

Same, only reason I renewed my NRA membership.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone have a list of local  companies   that will have booths at the NRA show ?     Would be good to find new local companies to support !
View Quote

I don't know who all is local other than Primary Arms, but link below is the list of vendors.  If you click on the booth number it brings up the floorplan showing where they are at.  

I've never been to one, but my dad really wants to go so Houston trip is in the plans.

NRA exhibitor list
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my badges just in time to find out this show is effectively canceled, not by NRA yet, but by vendors not showing up. So the business portion will go on I guess, but the exhibit hall will be empty. Here is the list I have found not coming:

Benelli USA
Beretta
Browning
FN Herstal
HK
Kimber Manufacturing
Savage Arms
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Sig Sauer
Sturm, Ruger & Company
Vista
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#46]
There's a NRA Board of Directors meeting on Monday.  Is this open to members?  Should be an interesting meeting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Got my badges just in time to find out this show is effectively canceled, not by NRA yet, but by vendors not showing up. So the business portion will go on I guess, but the exhibit hall will be empty. Here is the list I have found not coming:

Benelli USA
Beretta
Browning
FN Herstal
HK
Kimber Manufacturing
Savage Arms
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Sig Sauer
Sturm, Ruger & Company
Vista
View Quote

That's a bummer, I was planning to make the trip with my dad but now second guessing if it's even worth it if all the big guys aren't going to be there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Read the article about the vendors earlier. So today I spent quite a bit of phone time and internet time with what would be counted major exhibitors and the NRA. In the end my wife and I decided to cancel our reservations and flights.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I’m sure Shot will he cancelled too. (2022)
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Benelli USA
Beretta
Browning
FN Herstal
HK
Kimber Manufacturing
Savage Arms
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Sig Sauer
Sturm, Ruger & Company
Vista
View Quote

Thank you for saving me gas and parking hassle
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top