Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 6:06:34 PM EDT
I have a fluorescent overhead light I need replaced... inside my gun room.

I got a new light that should make it as bright as a surgical room, but I don't make a habit of fiddling with things that are connected to 120V wiring.  I've been electrocuted before and sure it was fun, but now I have kids.

With the way things are getting these days, I'm looking for an electrician who's known to be pro-2nd Amendment, who won't get freaked out by my AR-15 wall and stacks of ammo cans.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I got a new light that should make it as bright as a surgical room, but I don't make a habit of fiddling with things that are connected to 120V wiring.  I've been electrocuted before and sure it was fun, but now I have kids.

With the way things are getting these days, I'm looking for an electrician who's known to be pro-2nd Amendment, who won't get freaked out by my AR-15 wall and stacks of ammo cans.

Any recommendations?
View Quote

@RCC1 might be your direction but I cannot remember.  If not I will be down there showing goats the 2nd week of March if you don’t find someone by then.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me know if you find someone. I had posted here a few months ago wanting to give
a fellow arfcommer my money for electrical jobs instead of someone random out of the
phone book. Anyway, there used to be an electrician local to Austin on the HTF, but I
can't remember his handle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe @electrojk
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me know if you find someone. I had posted here a few months ago wanting to give
a fellow arfcommer my money for electrical jobs instead of someone random out of the
phone book. Anyway, there used to be an electrician local to Austin on the HTF, but I
can't remember his handle.
View Quote

There seems to be a shortage of them around Austin.   I am thinking about opening an office up down there.   My fear is I would be busier there than here and never make it home.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe @electrojk
View Quote

I'm super busy with my day job, trying to reach a milestone by the 3rd with another at the end if the month. That said, I am working lots if hours with very little time to do side jobs.

I should have some free time around mid April.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't take this the wrong way, OP, but light fixtures can be pretty easy to install. I'm just your average home owner and I've done plenty of them along with ceiling fans and such before. I haven'
t shocked myself so far Just make sure the breaker is off and take your time and you can get it done.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any recommendations?
View Quote

Leave light switch off or open breaker.  It's so easy a cavemen can do it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any recommendations?

I do both, leave light switch off and open breaker just to be safe.  I am not an electrician but agree swapping out light fixtures is pretty easy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got a couple of these things and they are very bright. Try a couple in the garage.  

2-Pack Garage Lights 60W LED Garage Lighting - 6000LM 6500K LED Three-Leaf Garage Ceiling Light Fixtures, LED Shop Light with Adjustable Multi-Position Panels, LED Glow Light for Garage, Workshop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082XX8XYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B2NTFJTHTB732ED6CNZQ
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the leads, everyone.  @Ferret12b reached out to me, hopefully I'll see him this week!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top