Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:04:23 AM EDT
I find it pathetic what people have become. Kids used to bring guns to schools, now they freak the fuck out only because they are within a couple of blocks.

I was looking forward to shooting there during lunch.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/09/02/proposed-gun-range-target-parents-farmers-branch/71558422/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's much better to have an abandoned building near a school than an business.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
the arguments and comments I saw were silly.now they can keep teaching lol, like they couldn't before.

or would you let your kid go to school near a gun range. lol. like that makes it a more dangerous place.

so knee jerk silly. can't even imagine what is going through these peoples mind's when they spout that stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Not even a real school.  Some private school located in an old office complex that used to be owned by Banctec.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I watched part of the story on the news. I was in a hurry this morning. I think they mentioned that the city would offer incentives to open in another location. There is a lot of open commercial buildings available in the area. hopefully something between Webb Chapel and Marsh, south of Beltline.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Per the article - the school intends to move locations, just not sure when.  If this is a charter school, then I doubt they even know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Stupid is strong on this one

The Westwood School marketing director Kristin Pelletier says the proposed gun range can be seen from the schoolyard.
Pelletier took News 8 to the schoolyard. She said youngsters at play not only would see the range, but could possibly hear gunfire.
View Quote

Uh , no what is seen from schoolyard is a building. Same building they see now.

"I don't believe any children in a very child-centric part of Farmers Branch should be hearing or seeing that every day," said parent Mary Anne Lucas.
View Quote

I am pretty sure they see worse every day on TV or youtube.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How many of you have run for council or tried to get on the planning commission.  

Yes it is a pain in the ass but having people on the inside is the way you win these things.  We need you all at all levels fighting the good fight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top