Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 8:57:30 AM EDT
for whatever reason, I can't get search to work.  I know there have been a lot of threads about TX NFA trusts.  Does anyone have links to some of them or a sticky, or some reliable source of information?

thanks,
bg74
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of info are you looking for?  Lawyers that create the trusts or info about doing your own or what?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
bigcbass does them DFW area (Christopher Bass)

and Sean Cody Houston area
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Just got mine from Chris Bass, he was fast and easy to work with A+++ in my book.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just got mine from Chris Bass, he was fast and easy to work with A+++ in my book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for Chris Bass.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Fyi the law is going to require finger prints and a leo sign off at the first of the year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for me as well....except it was about a year ago I did mine!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I did 275guntrust. I DO NOT recommend them. I need to add people to the trust, and they won't call me back. If any trust guys on here don't mind adding 2 names to a trust and not charging an arm and a leg, PM me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fyi the law is going to require finger prints and a leo sign off at the first of the year.
View Quote

So, do we know what that means?  If we send in paperwork to SBR something before the end of the year, while it's being processed and crosses into 2014, will that application require the fingerprints & CLEO signature before approval?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, do we know what that means?  If we send in paperwork to SBR something before the end of the year, while it's being processed and crosses into 2014, will that application require the fingerprints & CLEO signature before approval?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I am worried about. I have one pending now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think anyone other than the ATF knows an answer to that question and if they do, they aren't going to tell anyone until the new rules get approved.  You can check out the NFA forums under the Armory tab here, but just lots of speculation for now about paperwork on hand being grandfathered or not.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I am recommending that all my clients get their applications in asap.  Although no one can say with absolute certainly, most believe pending applications will be grandfathered.

Email me if you are interested in getting one started.  I charge AR15 members a flat fee of $300.

Chris
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am recommending that all my clients get their applications in asap.  Although no one can say with absolute certainly, most believe pending applications will be grandfathered.

Email me if you are interested in getting one started.  I charge AR15 members a flat fee of $300.

Chris
[email protected]
View Quote

Dang it, don't talk me into a suppressor for my last SBR I bought!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did 275guntrust. I DO NOT recommend them. I need to add people to the trust, and they won't call me back. If any trust guys on here don't mind adding 2 names to a trust and not charging an arm and a leg, PM me.
View Quote

What's the big deal?  Just type in the 2 new names and have the new version notarized.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What's the big deal?  Just type in the 2 new names and have the new version notarized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is that easy I probably will.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is my understanding you are the grantor and you run the trust as you see fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top