Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:10:34 PM EDT
Hi there Arfcommers. I've been lurking for years and finally decided to make an account when I got down here so I could find out more about the area.

I'm a soldier who just PCS'd to Ft. Hood and I'd like to know where the nearest ranges are (to the ft hood/killeen area) and also what there is to do (outdoors type stuff) around here, and any other info I might need to stay out of trouble

Thanks for any advice, appreciate it guys.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in DFW so no help from me, but welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hicksville Gun Range is just north of there outside of Gatesville.  JD and family are nice folks and they run a very nice range.

www.hicksvillegunrange.com

Radio_Man
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The hicksville range looks awesome, appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
-snip
and any other info I might need to stay out of trouble
-snip

Watch your speed on 190!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-snip
and any other info I might need to stay out of trouble
-snip

Watch your speed on 190!

I already got hit on Business 190 west leaving post.

Apparently it goes from 50 -> 45 -> 40 . . . I was cruising at 55 and got hit for 15 over my first week here
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm a soldier who just PCS'd to Ft. Hood

Sorry about that.

I'm from Texas, and I hated Ft. Hood and the surrounding area. I spent my weekends home (Dallas) or drunk/passed out somewhere in Austin. If you ever make it up to D/FW, give us a shout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top