Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:42:52 AM EDT
Im waiting for more details at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.krgv.com/mobile/story.cfm?n=24553
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Your title should read, "Teenager refuses to drop rifle at school and is shot".
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your title should read, "Teenager refuses to drop rifle at school and is shot".

Police shot the teen three times, after the eighth grader allegedly refused to put the weapon down. The shooting happened at a hallway next to the principal's office.

Yep.  Theres no playing around anymore with this bullcrap. Kids running around in a school with a rifle in hand?  Gee where have we seen that before.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A 15 year-old eighth grader, no less.

Definitely sad, on many fronts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]

mi bebé no hacer nada
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess those days of bringing our 30-30s and checking them in at the princible's office in the morning so we could go straight to our deer stands after school are over.  He said he'd rather we do that than skip school entirely to go hunting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

mi bebé no hacer nada

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess those days of bringing our 30-30s and checking them in at the princible's office in the morning so we could go straight to our deer stands after school are over.  He said he'd rather we do that than skip school entirely to go hunting.

I can remeber a classmate bringing a Winchester 22 to vocational ag for some "shop modifications".
Teacher helped drill and tap it for a scope mount. Wood shop teacher helped students carve gunstocks as projects.
It was normal to have trucks in the parking lot with rifles in racks in the back window.
Times have changed. I can't imagine someone not getting jail time for half the stuff we used to do.

Long and short of it . If a police officer tells you to drop a gun, drop it.
Sad story on many levels with a sad ending.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can remeber a classmate bringing a Winchester 22 to vocational ag for some "shop modifications".
Teacher helped drill and tap it for a scope mount. Wood shop teacher helped students carve gunstocks as projects.
It was normal to have trucks in the parking lot with rifles in racks in the back window.
Times have changed. I can't imagine someone not getting jail time for half the stuff we used to do.

Long and short of it . If a police officer tells you to drop a gun, drop it.
Sad story on many levels with a sad ending.

In my senior year rifles in the gun rack was normal too, with the doors left unlocked.

I do remember one fat geek that a buddy used to pick on was building a project in shop out of a section of pipe and when the friend who had the same shop class asked him what he was building the geek said "a shotgun so I can shoot you."  The friend kept an eye on the 'project' until the geek was done attaching a makeshift reciever to it and then took it and stuck it in a vise and bent the pipe barrel into a U.  That friend was savvy beyond his years in guns himself and went straight from highschool to the gunsmithing school in Colo. He later went on to become a game warden is S. Texas.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Heard on DFW Fox News tonight that the teen had a bb gun.  Tragic for that officer.  I hope he is doing Ok.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Heard on DFW Fox News tonight that the teen had a bb gun.  Tragic for that officer.  I hope he is doing Ok.

Yeah, just heard that on the news here in SA too.  Supposedly shot 3 times.  Wonder if it was a matter of the kid being dumb or we have kids doing suicide by cop now.  Either way I feel sorry for the officers involved, got to be tough to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Man, that's rought.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just heard that on the news here in SA too.  Supposedly shot 3 times.  Wonder if it was a matter of the kid being dumb or we have kids doing suicide by cop now.  Either way I feel sorry for the officers involved, got to be tough to deal with.

They did the right thing regardless.  That doesn't help their minds out though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did the right thing regardless.  That doesn't help their minds out though.

Yeah, a BB gun will get you just as dead as a tradition firearm.  I feel for the LEO's involved, but I hope they take consideration in the fact they did their job, they performed as required, and that there is no shame in their actions.  
I support their actions 100%.  (This is coming from someone who almost shot and killed two 10 year olds for playing with airsoft guns that had the orange tips Krylon'd black.)
-SS
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I do remember one fat geek that a buddy used to pick on was building a project in shop out of a section of pipe and when the friend who had the same shop class asked him what he was building the geek said "a shotgun so I can shoot you."  The friend kept an eye on the 'project' until the geek was done attaching a makeshift reciever to it and then took it and stuck it in a vise and bent the pipe barrel into a U.  That friend was savvy beyond his years in guns himself and went straight from highschool to the gunsmithing school in Colo. He later went on to become a game warden is S. Texas.

Hrm....Imagine that.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hrm....Imagine that.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hrm....Imagine that.

He definatley had the 'shortmansyndrome' that became more obvious as he grew older.  People including his friends that treated him with disrespect he put on his 'need to arrest list' onced he got into LE.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
It was not a rifle. It was a co2 pellet pistol. If the picture of it in the news was the correct one, it looks just like a G-17.
Supposedly the kid showed up to school with it and also punched another kid.
Everyone saw the "gun" and freaked.

No one will ever know what happened after that except the officer and god.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was not a rifle. It was a co2 pellet pistol. If the picture of it in the news was the correct one, it looks just like a G-17.

What else is there to know?  Bring a G17 replica to school, get a genuine response.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, the report I read the picture looks like a Springfield upper with a glock lower.  If that's the gun that was used, looks 100% real.  Parents are saying police used excessive force, I'd be asking the parents where they were during all of this and why the kid thought it'd be ok to do what he did.  Said he waked right in to his classroom, and punched a kid in the nose for no reason, then walked out with the gun.  Definitely sounds like a troubled teenager.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
A 15 yr. old should know better. If you point a gun at a LEO, you should expect to get dead.

I hope the officers come thru this ok, but wouldn't be surprised if the politicians throw them to the wolves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What else is there to know?  Bring a G17 replica to school, get a genuine response.

would you be speaking from your vast expertise and experience?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd bet there is video footage.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll the be the asshole.

Good riddance. One less stupid person who wont be breeding and spreading their ignorance through generations. He was 15 years old, too old for 8th grade so obviously was stupid and was held back. I know thats mean, but I believe in Natural Selection.

Plus, I was talking to a few people about this, and the consensus with us is, the kid wanted to die. This seems like suicide by cop, he wanted them to shoot him, or he would have dropped the gun. He was old enough to understand what he was doing. If he didnt, that just shows how little his brain actually worked and the world is better off.

But, it is a sad thing to see a kid so young throw his life away. But, even kids do stupid things and will be held accountable for their actions, either by us, or whatever higher power is out there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd bet there is video footage.

Most schools have some cameras these days, but they don't cover every area.  Be interesting if they do have it if it would be released to the public.  Some group that monitors police bands has a recording of the radio traffic at the time online.  Only heard a small clip of it on the radio today, but it's not like it was an open mic during the shooting.  Heard about the parents questioning why the cops had to shoot him, like they were supposed to wait for him to shoot someone to see if it was real or not.  Some of the BB handguns these days look very realistic. Amazing how the parents don't question why their son was not only in a fight at school, but somehow had a gun there, even if it was BB gun.  Also heard something about a report of the kid being shot in the back of the head which of course will fuel the parents blame on the cops.  I'm sure they'll waste taxpayer money by suing the school district, police department, and the city cause their baby didn't do nothin'.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vast expertise and experience? No, just common sense.  If you need some special help in that department point a fake gun at a cop, check back with us on what you learned.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#28]
If the officers would have been less aggresive and the gun was real, and the student happened to run down a hall shooting or randomly shooting into classrooms shooting innocent staff and students. Then this would be a truly sad story. It's no doubt a terrible ending but the officers were protecting themselves as well as students.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#30]
triple tap WTF
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vast expertise and experience? No, just common sense.  If you need some special help in that department point a fake gun at a cop, check back with us on what you learned.  

I could explain but you obviously don't care nor would you understand judging by your smart ass response.
I am a veteran, down range first time in 89'. I'd share with you "what I learned" but you most likely weren't even old enough to drive yet. So I guess I shouldn't care what a smart ass like you thinks.
Good night dip shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Besides numerous witnesses. I'm sure the police report will state the facts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If the officers would have been less aggresive and the gun was real, and the student happened to run down a hall shooting or randomly shooting into classrooms shooting innocent staff and students. Then this would be a truly sad story. It's no doubt a terrible ending but the officers were protecting themselves as well as students.

+1, this is about right. And a much more grown up position than some on here have taken.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides numerous witnesses. I'm sure the police report will state the facts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I think some may have read the wrong thing by my original statement.
Unlike others on here, I neither judge, nor lay blame either way. Not even on the kid,(maybe he was a mental case?) I wasn't there.
Speaking purely from my own background, any number of things could have went down, any number of ways. Even the officer's own perception could be wrong, or spot on.
I do not assume the kid pointed the gun at him, nor do I assume he did not.
For sure, the officer didn't create the situation, he was just dealing with it as best he could.
Also for sure, he was just trying to protect the kids and having kids in school myself thank god for him.
Lastly, for sure he will most likely have a real tough time dealing with this for the rest of his life. No matter what the fan boys have to say, or the bashers.
Many passing judgement on an event that they were not at, nor do most have any experiance with.

So I say again, only the officer and god truly know what happened. And maybe not even the officer.
God be with him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#35]
school zones are and have been for a while zero tolerance, no warning needed.

hindsight is 20/20, one dead idiotic kid is better than another Columbine or UT tower sniper incident. also, one less body to deal with in the overcrowded prisons (we have around 155,000 inmates thats not including county jails, criminals on probation or parole). which probably wont help in reducing the $3 Billion TDCJ annual budget that tax payers have to fork over. and yes we do have under 18 yr old inmates, i've seen as young as 13yr old. some are cold blooded murderers, some are rapists, had one come through our prison that robbed, and raped a 70-80 yr old lady.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'll the be the asshole.

Good riddance. One less stupid person who wont be breeding and spreading their ignorance through generations. He was 15 years old, too old for 8th grade so obviously was stupid and was held back. I know thats mean, but I believe in Natural Selection.

Plus, I was talking to a few people about this, and the consensus with us is, the kid wanted to die. This seems like suicide by cop, he wanted them to shoot him, or he would have dropped the gun. He was old enough to understand what he was doing. If he didnt, that just shows how little his brain actually worked and the world is better off.

But, it is a sad thing to see a kid so young throw his life away. But, even kids do stupid things and will be held accountable for their actions, either by us, or whatever higher power is out there.

I 100% Agree

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
school zones are and have been for a while zero tolerance, no warning needed.

hindsight is 20/20, one dead idiotic kid is better than another Columbine or UT tower sniper incident. also, one less body to deal with in the overcrowded prisons (we have around 155,000 inmates thats not including county jails, criminals on probation or parole). which probably wont help in reducing the $3 Billion TDCJ annual budget that tax payers have to fork over. and yes we do have under 18 yr old inmates, i've seen as young as 13yr old. some are cold blooded murderers, some are rapists, had one come through our prison that robbed, and raped a 70-80 yr old lady.

Speaking of columbine. If you have netflix check out Generation RX. Good info and reason to keep your kid off of the doctors drugs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could explain but you obviously don't care nor would you understand judging by your smart ass response.
I am a veteran, down range first time in 89'. I'd share with you "what I learned" but you most likely weren't even old enough to drive yet. So I guess I shouldn't care what a smart ass like you thinks.
Good night dip shit.

Wrong again genius. I doubt you any older or as old as me.  While you were 'down range'  lets hear about your own 'vast expertise and experience' gained from kids brandishing imitation weapons in public schools.  
By your punk ass closing remark I doubt you could teach any adult anything..  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good night dip shit.

Wrong again genius. I doubt you any older or as old as me.  While you were 'down range'  lets hear about your own 'vast expertise and experience' gained from kids brandishing imitation weapons in public schools.  

Why are yall slapping each other like little junior high school boys? Seriously, this thread is about a kid dying, and you two see it fit for having a bullshit debate that neither of you are making valid points. Desert Storm was nothing special and certainly nothing to be proud of.

Alias2, by your stupid remarks, you act like a kid pretending to be older.

Joe-A275, you are just egging the little kid on. Shame on you, too.

Both of you, shut up, and back out of the thread. This one, of all others, is certainly not the place have a bullshit pissing match.

Ill be the asshole again, too bad it wasnt you two that was waving a fake gun in school.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good night dip shit.

Why are yall slapping each other like little junior high school boys? Seriously, this thread is about a kid dying, and you two see it fit for having a bullshit debate that neither of you are making valid points. Desert Storm was nothing special and certainly nothing to be proud of.

Both of you, shut up, and back out of the thread. This one, of all others, is certainly not the place have a bullshit pissing match.

Ill be the asshole again, too bad it wasnt you two that was waving a fake gun in school.

Dont recall saying anything about desert storm, or GW1 as some of us call it. First time was a little place called Rio Hato. If you weren't at either, then you don't decide what is special and what is not.

I didn't realize the situation till his last post. Certainly didn't mean to egg him on. I just get sucked into these things sometimes.

Regardless I was with you till your last sentence. Maybe you should look at my other posts on this.

Was reading more news on it and it's certainly a bad deal for all involved.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good night dip shit.

Somebody comes out of the shadows and pops off some smart ass, stupid remark asking about my 'vast expertise and experience' on a subject that nobody, including himself or even the unfortunate cops that had to deal with it have because it's such a unconventional scenario and then uses the "I was downrange"
supposed trump card that has nothing to do with the subject and I'm the little kid?  Keep thinking that.  Reminds me of back in the seventies when I was running a range and holding handgun classes and some obnoxious clown would come out and after doing something so stupid he would be told to leave and they would invariably use the 'I was in Viet Nam' card like that had any bearing on being a danger to himself and the rest of the public.  It was beneath me then and still is.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's what I have heard on the news that it was a BB pistol. I guess it must have been SWAT that took him out, from what I understand they were rifle shots two to the chest, one to the head. Sad that it happened, but if it didn't have that orange tip on it, it would be hard to tell if it was real or fake, he should have dropped it. I believe I heard something on the news that he had assualted another student?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah,  heard he walked in to class and randomly punched a kid in the nose then walked out.  Sounds like he had some problems.  Pretty damn sad all around, but it's likely we got a tax break over him spending years in prison once he got older.  

to the guys having the pissing match, grow the fuck up already.  this isn't GD.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#44]
it doesnt matter what kind of weapon or fake weapon it was after the fact, hindsight is 20/20.

you know how many people get robbed with fake weapons or no weapons at all? hand in jacket pocket, saying give me your wallet or im gonna shoot you, could be a gun, could be a fake gun, could be a marker/highlighter, could be two fingers. or how about banks being robbed by someone handing a note to the teller saying that they have a gun or bomb or etc? it happens. better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Sadly, a case of suicide by cop IMO.  Kid got what he wanted.  Prayers to the families and community that suffers by his actions.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sadly, a case of suicide by cop IMO.  Kid got what he wanted.  Prayers to the families and community that suffers by his actions.

I was thinking either that, or the Deceased played one too many video games in which you point a gun a LEO's and nothing bad happens.  [Not saying anything bad against video games as I played them quite a bit.]  

As for the two in the thread talking trash, guys, take it to IM or start a Pit Thread.
-Sleeper
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Hate to sound calloused, but at the best, this was a classic Darwin Award Moment.  It today's mindset, after years of "Zero Tolerance" in schools, this kid needed to get dead and if there is any blame, it is with his parents .

The victim here is the officer pulling the trigger. He will like be haunted with this for life.  I wonder if there is any legal precedence that would support the officer suing the family for the  mental anguish he will endure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Goodness, anyone see the story on wfaa.com about the family and pretty much the entire town screaming for justice?  Everyone appears to actually think what happened was done wrongfully.  People loading up in trucks driving up and down streets chanting "justica" or however you spell it in spanish.  His entire family has sad to seek "vengeance" against the justice system for this "wrongful" death.  These people have got to have a few screws loose, and the apple clearly didn't fall far from the tree.

Apparently, also the priest is under scrutiny by the family now for saying the teenagers needed to learn from this mistake and learn to stay out of trouble during the funeral services.  Hope this doesn't turn out to be a town/vs authority type deal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

...Desert Storm was nothing special and certainly nothing to be proud of...

Unless you were there and fought in it, shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Orange paint is cheep.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top