Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 8:35:00 AM EDT
I will be visiting my son in Austin in mid October. I will be traveling with a few guns and want to take my son out shooting. He has shoot some but I want to get him more interested. Could you good folks give me some suggestions for locations in the Austin area. I prefer outdoors. Here in Vegas we just go out in the desert and on the family farm in NC I have plenty of outdoor room. I guess that may be hard to duplicate. It will have a couple of pistols and an AR. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS. I was planning on Lockhart for BBQ. My son has been in Austin for 3 years and has never been to the Salt Lick. Any other suggestions? Q is a big component of our road trips. This trip will include a BBQ stop in Memphis and plenty of Eastern NC pork BBQ near the family farm. One or 2 Texas BBQ sessions should square the circle. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I see that there is another post that answers my BBQ question.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you are already going to be in the Lockhart area LoneStar range is near there.  Its a decent outdoor range that isn't too expensive.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are already going to be in the Lockhart area LoneStar range is near there.  Its a decent outdoor range that isn't too expensive.

Though I haven't been there yet I too was going to suggest this.

There are a bunch of BBQ places in Lockhart too.  In the Austin area there is the Salt Lick (go to the original Driftwood location), Rudy's, The County Line. There are others but those are the ones I frequent the most.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though I haven't been there yet I too was going to suggest this.

There are a bunch of BBQ places in Lockhart too.  In the Austin area there is the Salt Lick (go to the original Driftwood location), Rudy's, The County Line. There are others but those are the ones I frequent the most.

When my wife and I shoot at Lone Star we usually eat at Black's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will be visiting my son in Austin in mid October. I will be traveling with a few guns and want to take my son out shooting. He has shoot some but I want to get him more interested. Could you good folks give me some suggestions for locations in the Austin area. I prefer outdoors. Here in Vegas we just go out in the desert and on the family farm in NC I have plenty of outdoor room. I guess that may be hard to duplicate. It will have a couple of pistols and an AR. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS. I was planning on Lockhart for BBQ. My son has been in Austin for 3 years and has never been to the Salt Lick. Any other suggestions? Q is a big component of our road trips. This trip will include a BBQ stop in Memphis and plenty of Eastern NC pork BBQ near the family farm. One or 2 Texas BBQ sessions should square the circle. Thanks.

LaRue Tactical Range Day! - October 16th, Liberty Hill, TX
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the Red's Indoor Range North in Pflugerville while I was down in Georgetown this summer at the CHL instructor's school .  It has a 100 yard indoor rifle range.  very nice.  very nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LaRue Tactical Range Day! - October 16th, Liberty Hill, TX

That was going to be my suggestion... if you are here in town on the 16th, I can think of no better place to shoot and eat some good BBQ than with LaRue... I will be driving from Fort Worth to be there, you should come if that is the weekend you will be here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top