Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:04:26 AM EDT
Hey Texans,
I want to move to Texas as I believe it is the greatest state in the nation! I need to find a job as a counselor for the VA, military base, or as a counselor educator at a university. I check the job listings regularly, but figured some places may not post nationally. I have a Ph.D in counseling and am a retired cop/veteran and want to work with our fine young troops if at all possible, but will work in a university if it gets me to Texas. My wife would need to find a teaching position in an elementary school near my potential employer. She has a masters and has taught 4th - 6th grade for approximately 10 years.
So if any of you fine folks see any counseling positions open at a base, VA, or university and it is located in a good part of Texas, please IM me., and is you know of any good teaching positions for my wife let me know.
Also, I would work for a private practice if they provide services for military personnel.
Thanks for the help guys & gals!
Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
San Antonio would be the best bet since they have a huge VA hospital there along with Fort Sam being the home of a lot of medical stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top