Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:46:02 PM EDT
Does anyone know what was going on?  I counted 10 crown vics, 4 chargers, an explorer, and one HPD tow truck.  No one had lights on or pulled anyone over.  

2 gas stations had a pair each.

Just seemed a little odd.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Free donuts.

Ok, please don't kill (taze) me bro.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got the update from my woman.  Apparently the beltway is now blocked off completely at I-45.  Traffic is backing up like crazy.  I was thinking chase maybe?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
POTUS maybe?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
interesting....he would be coming from Ellington.

Is he supposed to be here this weekend?

edit: He was here.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What ever it is.. I didn't do it.. I swear.

I can confirm that all of HPD's radio frequencies are dead silent right now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
they use "tactical" ones for situations like this I'm sure.

It was probably POTUS heading back to Ellington. He was here to endorse Pete Olson for congress.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard on the radio that POTUS was it Houston for a fund raiser.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
POTUS was here for a fund raiser for Pete Olson.  Only reason I know, is because my friend was invited to the fund raiser.  

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ilWKBWApSNXM3FD25BFeFFaT9cYAD920G5EG1
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]
yes, Bush was here
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#10]
bush motorcade.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Exactly right. He was here for a fund raiser.  I know the person catering the event but was told that it was not a very publicized trip.  Very high dollar fund raiser. I think their goal was to raise a half mil with a limited group.

Used to work at Fairmont and the Beltway and had a cool photo of AF1 on approach to Ellington, but my old computer crashed.  Also used to sit outside and watch  the Blue Angels practice for Wings Over Houston.  I miss that office.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to live very near Ellington. I could sit out in my front yard and watch the aerial display from WOH. Saw the Concord, probably saw AF-1, saw the Shuttle on its carrier, some of the equipment going over to Kuwait to fight the oil well fires.   I miss living down there. Hearing the F-4's,F-16's and everything else over heard.  I really do miss that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I noticed it too. There were HPD units at every side street at Genoa Red Bluff. That Shell on the corner had 3 or so. It was odd b/c they were directing traffic manually but looking in every car. I thought it had something to do with the Crane killing 4 guys at Lyondell but Bush Motorcade makes a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw all of that too on the Beltway and Genoa-Red Bluff. At first I thought HPD was seriously cracking down on the people who speed through that area even though I never see them shooting radar on the Beltway. I figured POTUS was at Ellington when I saw all the HPD cars in every parking lot along Genoa-Red Bluff.
hell, it made me slow down that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top