Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:27:07 AM EDT
Or how much of a PITA is it.
I have two Short barreled shotguns (sawed off) that are registered and have the papers.  I would like to get cases for them and sure I could measure them and try to match the dimensions to cases at the show but it would be easy to haul them in and slide them in the case to be sure they fit.  

How much of an issue will I have with “the zip tie guy” (and buba the jerky vendor)?
A guy walking up with a sawed off shotgun to get it zip tied will throw a red flag to the cop doing the tying so How do I minimize the issue?  Do I show him the form 1 first?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had any issues taking any NFA stuff in.  Some asked if they were registered/legal others didnt ask a thing and just zip tied.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring your forms with you.  Only show the forms if asked by LE.  IIRC, someone tried bringing in an unregistered SBR at a show and was arrested.  Never did hear what happened to the guy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just bring your forms in case they have any questions / issues.  Most of the officers zip tying guns are well aware what an NFA registration is and what the paperwork looks like.  The problem comes when you have an SBR and no paperwork to go with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like a walk in the park.  will bring the paperwork and relax
thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I go to every show and when I bring anything NFA the guys at the door drool.  Some of the older types not so much.  No problems so far but I did have a joke of a time with some questionable characters (possible gang types) wanting to know if I was selling my very sbr AR15.  As soon as I said FBI, ATF, CLEO, they split - FAST.

You are good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top