Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:42 AM EDT
Has anyone gone fishing in Baffin Bay?

All I know its down by Corpus

I am going this weekend and didn't know what to expect?

Are there alot of trout? Good Size?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have never been to Baffin Bay then make sure you are very,very,very careful as the place is loaded with rocks that will tear the lower unit off of your motor or put a good hole in the bottom of your boat.  There have been some good trout taken from Baffin Bay and I think a state record trout was caught down there a few years ago.  There is a main channel that is very well marked so you shouldn't have any problems there.  Baffin Bay is about 35 miles south of Corpus via the Intercoastal waterway.  Good luck and I wish I was going with you.  Check the latest on limits and size.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, here is the verdict: 1st day = 2 trout @ 8 lb's
                                 2nd day = 3 trout @ 7.5 lb's
                                 3rd day = 2 trout @ 8.5 lb's

Baffin is a great place to go and catch a wall hanger.
But you will fish hard to catch the one's you are hopeing for
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on your catch!  Did you fish with a guide or do it on your own?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A guide, his name is Jamie Pinter, I think its called Angling Adventures. Nice guy, knows his spots, and good price
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A guide, his name is Jamie Pinter, I think its called Angling Adventures. Nice guy, knows his spots, and good price

Can you please post his number?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you please post his number?  Thanks!

Phone Number: 281-844-7887

He also has a 27' or 28' Boston Whaler that he brings Offshore Fishing. Snapper, Ling, KingFish, etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top