Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:25:38 AM EDT
Jan 14-15:  any dealers going?  I'm hoping to pick up a lower, but I'm tired of seeing the same guy with DPMS lowers for $169.  I would have picked up a RRA from him last time, but he was a prick when I asked him if his price included tax already.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Jan 14-15:  any dealers going?  I'm hoping to pick up a lower, but I'm tired of seeing the same guy with DPMS lowers for $169.  I would have picked up a RRA from him last time, but he was a prick when I asked him if his price included tax already.

I am probably the "prick"of which you speak.  My prices haven't been $169.00 for some time, since I am getting a better deal from DPMS.  Including the tax in the prices, I believe, is illegal in the state of Texas.  My response to anyone suggesting illegal activity is very terse, as in get the hell away from my table.  For all I know you are with the Comptroller's Office and will fine me or take my Tax Permit on the spot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am probably the "prick"of which you speak.  My prices haven't been $169.00 for some time, since I am getting a better deal from DPMS. Including the tax in the prices, I believe, is illegal in the state of Texas.  My response to anyone suggesting illegal activity is very terse, as in get the hell away from my table.  For all I know you are with the Comptroller's Office and will fine me or take my Tax Permit on the spot.

All I did was asked a question.  I never suggested that you do anything illegal.  But, if it's your wish, I will stay way from your table.  I'm sure one less person to deal with won't effect your sales.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I am probably the "prick"of which you speak.  My prices haven't been $169.00 for some time, since I am getting a better deal from DPMS. Including the tax in the prices, I believe, is illegal in the state of Texas.  My response to anyone suggesting illegal activity is very terse, as in get the hell away from my table.  For all I know you are with the Comptroller's Office and will fine me or take my Tax Permit on the spot.

All I did was asked a question.  I never suggested that you do anything illegal.  But, if it's your wish, I will stay way from your table.  I'm sure one less person to deal with won't effect your sales.[/quote

Marking an item with the tax included is illegal.  Since I am a "prick" carring DPMS you are so tired of seeing, perhaps you should stay away from my tables.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

All I did was asked a question.  I never suggested that you do anything illegal.  But, if it's your wish, I will stay way from your table.  I'm sure one less person to deal with won't effect your sales.[/quote

Marking an item with the tax included is illegal.  Since I am a "prick" carring DPMS you are so tired of seeing, perhaps you should stay away from my tables.

OK.  

So any dealers showing up on Jan 14-15 in Pharr?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am probably the "prick"of which you speak.  My prices haven't been $169.00 for some time, since I am getting a better deal from DPMS.  Including the tax in the prices, I believe, is illegal in the state of Texas.  My response to anyone suggesting illegal activity is very terse, as in get the hell away from my table.  For all I know you are with the Comptroller's Office and will fine me or take my Tax Permit on the spot.

So if I see you have stripped lowers for $169.00 and I ask, "Will you sell me that lower out the door for $169.00?" we're conspiring?  Why can't you just explain that selling items with the tax included is illegal but you can discount the lower to $150.00 and add the tax for a total of, say, $169.00?  It seems simple enough to me.  

I don't live in Texas but I used to.  I never had a problem getting deals like this at shops and/or shows.

As I like to say, "The only thing good to ever come out of the State of Texas was me!"

Flame on!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I see you have stripped lowers for $169.00 and I ask, "Will you sell me that lower out the door for $169.00?" we're conspiring?  Why can't you just explain that selling items with the tax included is illegal but you can discount the lower to $150.00 and add the tax for a total of, say, $169.00?  It seems simple enough to me.  

I don't live in Texas but I used to.  I never had a problem getting deals like this at shops and/or shows.

As I like to say, "The only thing good to ever come out of the State of Texas was me!"

Flame on!

I don't , specifically,  remember this meeting at the last gunshow in Pharr.  Usually, when someone ask "is tax included?"  I say "no, it is plus tax. "  And it was for my last RRA I had marked at $124.95.  A fair price for the last RRA you will have for many months.  What I remember clearly is him calling me a "prick" on this board.   Do you see anywhere in his post where he said he tried to bargin with me?  I'm a "prick" evidentlly because I turned him down.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flame on!

I don't , specifically,  remember this meeting at the last gunshow in Pharr.  Usually, when someone ask "is tax included?"  I say "no, it is plus tax. "  And it was for my last RRA I had marked at $124.95.  A fair price for the last RRA you will have for many months.  What I remember clearly is him calling me a "prick" on this board.   Do you see anywhere in his post where he said he tried to bargin with me?  I'm a "prick" evidentlly because I turned him down.

It wasn't at the last show, but the last show I went to.  I don't want to go into all the details because, frankly, it's been a few months.  Basically, like MJ suggested, I wanted to make a deal but the way you spoke to me and your demeaner made it obvious that you didn't want to deal with me so I walked away.  My wife was with me and later remarked that she thought you were rude when I just asked you a question.  

Maybe you are a good merchant and even a decent guy when it comes down to it, but doesn't matter anyways because it's not the point of my original post.  I'm just curious if there will be another dealer with lowers at the show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Brushy,

Looks like it's time to get your own FFL!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Brushy,

Looks like it's time to get your own FFL!

Then I would have to put up with jerks like me all day long!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone can conclude what they wish.  I don't remember this confrontation.  I know what I tell people when they ask if tax is included.  It happens all the time.  What I do know is that I did not call him a prick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top