Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 8:53:01 AM EDT
Stolen 12 am Sat night 12/31/05

Friend comes home to a bicycle on his porch. He been out out for a beer so no CHL on him. Walks in to a black guy (description) standing in his home pointing his loaded AR that he has just smashed out of his gun cabinet. Obviously at the disadvantage, the guy walks out the front door and rides off on the bike with the rifle(!)  Friend is ok, shaken up, but just pissed off in general. It could have gone really bad if the crook had lost his cool.

DPMS lower, flattop upper, YHM carbine lightweight free float

16" HBAR

3 pt. tac sling

Phantom FH

tri rail riser block/ NC star 5x optics/laser on side rail (yes, optics set up sucks, he bought it without calling me)

Nice rifle for a thug- if you see it for sale or at the local pawn shop call the locals (reported to Carrollton PD)- I will post SN as soon as friend sends it to me. Keep an eye out at the gun show next week.

Pic of rifle and the guy who almost got shot by it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.  I hope his rilfe gets recoverd.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF! anything else missing? guy probably lives in the area being he was on a Bike? Where in Carrollton? (IM me, I have friends there).

Did he grab a gun and head after him?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
SH1T

Sorry to hear about that.

Why did he not go after him ?

No WEAPON ?

WOW -  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
just goes to show you, the CHL restriction preventing you from having your CCW could really harm you should you want to go out for a drink... guess it pays to have a designated driver w/ a CHL....

where was his CCW?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess its time to buy a SAFE!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bump.  I hope his rilfe gets recoverd.

I hope the robber gets killed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
just goes to show you, the CHL restriction preventing you from having your CCW could really harm you should you want to go out for a drink... guess it pays to have a designated driver w/ a CHL....

where was his CCW?

If he had his CHL/gun what we he have done? Based on the scenario presented, the BG had the drop on him. This just shows there is more to protecting yourself than just carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where was his CCW?

If he had his CHL/gun what we he have done? Based on the scenario presented, the BG had the drop on him. This just shows there is more to protecting yourself than just carrying a gun.

if I came home and there was a bike on my front porch, I would have drawn my gun and he may not have had the drop on me...

However, if afterwards he could get to his other gun(s) like his CCW or another rifle, assuming they weren't stolen cus all that was mentioned was the rifle, and since the guy was riding his bicycle while fleeing-- SHOOT HIM. End of story.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

where was his CCW?

if I came home and there was a bike on my front porch, I would have drawn my gun and he may not have had the drop on me...

However, if afterwards he could get to his other gun(s) like his CCW or another rifle, assuming they weren't stolen cus all that was mentioned was the rifle, and since the guy was riding his bicycle while fleeing-- SHOOT HIM. End of story.

My error, I thought he was riding the bike. That makes his situational awareness even worse.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

where was his CCW?

That would had been his plan- except the part where the robber had his pistol already loaded up in a bag ready to haul off.  Friend thought the bike was weird outside and said he would have drawn his pistol to clear the house.... but no pistol so he went in the garage entrance and thats when the BG was coming back in from trying get out the locked back gate.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

where was his CCW?

There is no such restriction.

CCW while drinking is the same as drinking and driving.

One or two... shame on you.

Three or four... shame on me.

How many times at our dinners when I have a beer or two, do your really think I'm not carrying???
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I guess its TOO LATE to buy a SAFE!!!!

Fixed it for you.    Now some dirtbag has a fully loaded  and operational rifle.  I'm sure he's going to be very responsible with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.    Now some dirtbag has a fully loaded  and operational rifle.  I'm sure he's going to be very responsible with it.

I imagine he will be selling it at Market Hall this weekend. That is where I would be on the lookout for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I imagine he will be selling it at Market Hall this weekend. That is where I would be on the lookout for it.

That rifle is on at least it's third set of hands by now. It may not be in it's original configuration, and is more than likely not even in the same part of the state.  Burglars are not gun collectors, and you are not going to find him walking around a gun show with a price tag on the rifle. That AR can keep your burglar in crack for over a week.   He just made a SERIOUS score and it was out of the original thief's possession 2 hours after the robbery.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]
so he left the bag he loaded up behind when he took off?I guess in a way, its a good thing he scared the guy off and has the rest of his stuff...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Any chance of giving the serial number for ID purposes??

SN inbound tonight
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That rifle is on at least it's third set of hands by now. It may not be in it's original configuration, and is more than likely not even in the same part of the state.  Burglars are not gun collectors, and you are not going to find him walking around a gun show with a price tag on the rifle. That AR can keep your burglar in crack for over a week.   He just made a SERIOUS score and it was out of the original thief's possession 2 hours after the robbery.

I would think the criminal would be too stupid to take apart the rifle and part it out. I hope he tries to sell it and someone IDs it when it he does.

Its a bad deal this happened and the guy SHOULD have had a safe but he didn't. He plans to get one this weekend now. (Day late and dollar short..) I'm just glad the criminal didn't use the weapon on the guy (He may not have known it was loaded or may not have known how to operate it. ) An AR isn't the most intuitive weapon ever built. The dipshit probably hasn't figured out how to load the chamber yet.  

There are a lot of ways this could have ended different- good and bad. I would have liked to have just gotten in the truck and smashed the guy on the bike about halfway down the street.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#20]
BLACK GUY with a uber tactical rifle.....................not hard to find, I will be on the look out.

please be sure to give us the serial number so if we see it, we will be sure to run with it ourselves........N%$^^!$
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in Carrollton. I'll keep an eye out for it, and try and let some local shops know about the stolen rifle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My uncle had about 10-12 guns stolen from him a few weeks ago.  Not an "inside job," but he and the P.D./S.O. are sure it was "close" to home.  It is still an open investigation, with good leads, so I won't post anything else publicly for a while, but IIRC they have a "witness" <edit>who</edit> knows that one of the firearms was traded for controlled substances.

I'm not in regular contact with my uncle, so I have no idea if he's got a safe or anything.  The last time I visited him was 7-8 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
fucked up.

Kinda reminds me of my honda stolen earlier this year.  Was later totaled a few days later, only description of the occupant was, 6" black male seen running away.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
fucked up.

Kinda reminds me of my honda stolen earlier this year.  Was later totaled a few days later, only description of the occupant was, 6" black male seen running away. hr

6"?????  That's a short little fucker, ain't it!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucked up.

Kinda reminds me of my honda stolen earlier this year.  Was later totaled a few days later, only description of the occupant was, 6" black male seen running away.

ROFL.... that's exactly what I thought!  No offense to MM, but I was about to say:

6"?  Damn.  If your Honda was a standard, I'll have to say that he earned it!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SN inbound tonight

and it is....???
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SN inbound tonight

and it is....???

...technically "tonight" for 37 more minutes....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SN inbound tonight

and it is....???

That was posted on the 1st... Today is now the 4th...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SN inbound tonight

and it is....???

That was posted on the 1st... Today is now the 4th...

Doh!  Foot, meet mouth..........

See what I get for tryin' to be clever?  

(answer: proof to the contrary )
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucked up.

ROFL.... that's exactly what I thought!  No offense to MM, but I was about to say:

6"?  Damn.  If your Honda was a standard, I'll have to say that he earned it!  

And sadly I pretty much knew what *cough* apartment upstairs *cough* the maggot came from.  It was pretty obvious, since their dumbasses accidentaly left a message on my cell phone they stole.  But I gave the cop those "tips" they didn't do shit about it.  Not like they really could have anyway.  

Shhh....we have to remember though......criminals such as these are oppressed people, we made them do this stuff, he and this other contributor to society probably had bad childhoods, and this is the only way to express themselves.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Depending on which oppressed ppl you're referring to, these are our just desserts.

You see, it is the opportunity cost of 40 acres and a mule, with interest, compounded over time.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Dang dude, sad to know. Where in carrollton? I live in north carrollton.. ill keep my eyes open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top