Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 10:58:53 AM EDT
My friend was in beaumont and took some pics for me and one of the neighborhood.  We got lucky, lost some shingles, fence is gone, and no blown out windows.  Our neighbors weren't so lucky though, a bunch of missing roofs and the town houses on the east side of the subdivision are fvcked.  

This is the first good news ive heard all week.  I talked to my mother lastnight and it looks like another one of our rent houses has a huge ass tree right in the middle of it and it'll most likely take a crane to get it out without destroying the rest of the house.  And another house was destroyed because of the dumb ass tenant decided to try and cut the tree and it fell in.  

My house in beaumont

One pic from down the street
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Could you have your friend drive down to Port Acres and check out my house...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear your house made it without too much damage.  We've been taking care of some folks from Lumberton  -- nursing home patients and staff.  I guess their power is back on now, so they're heading home in the next couple of days, though some of the staff don't have homes to go to.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My gramps and his wife are in Nederland.  I talked to my mother this morning and she was picking them up from my uncle's house in Bastrop and heading back to Corpus area with them.  They'll be staying with her for a while.  Dunno how bad it is there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top