Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
Im in Austin, Ive never been in anything near the extent of whats coming, Austin is a ways from the Coast but do I need to Bug Out? Im guessing no, but I now hear gusts of up to 180.....Hold on to your hats guys down there, its gonna get rough.
PS, Ive got a little over 30Gal of water, 2 weeks of MH, 1200rnds .223, Propane for stove and lamp, Kerosene lamp, and Im on north side of town, like I said, I have never been in anything close to this, if I had, Id make the call myself, any suggestions would be great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay, chill out, have a beer, come down to ACL and party with the rest of us.
But get more 223.  And 22.  why don't folks count 22?  22 is currency in emergencies...geez.
ETA2, Austin's getting Storm, not Hurricane winds...supposedly.  

If nothing else, be happy your house isn't in the 100 year flood plain.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
NHC just shifted Rita further East. better for us, but Houston/Galveston are backin the bullseye.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You really think ACL is happening? As of right now I know it is, but I dont see Coldplay rocking out in the storm, I could be wrong, but we'll see.

I know I need 22, the price of a 10/22 has gone up from when I was a kid, from a little over a hundred dollars to almost 3 now.

I posted this elswerhe but since were talking about music, here is my Rita songlist to listen to while its hit hard.

Ridin' the storm out-REO Speedwagon
Rock you like a Hurricane-Scorpions
When the levee breaks-Led Zeppelin
Who will stop the rain-CCR
Riders on the Storm-Doors
Storm Bringer-Deep Purple
Texas Flood-SRV
Ænema-Tool
Rita Ville-Jimmy Buffet
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You really think ACL is happening? As of right now I know it is, but I dont see Coldplay rocking out in the storm, I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Sunday might happen, but saturday is looking kinda dim.

Met the first Houstonians tonight--the 16 y.o. kid: 'I left my car....I hope it's there when I get back.'

Mom: 'Well, this may be all we own now.' towing a suitcase and carrying a purse and backpack.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top