Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:05:58 AM EDT
Anyone know where I might find one?  Trying to save some money and buy used, if not, will probably just hit bachman.

Also need an iwb holster for it.  Any suggestions?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Market Hall is next weekend (24 Sept).

R.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, I know, but need something a little sooner, may end up driving to austin

txl
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Also need an iwb holster for it.  Any suggestions?

TXL

I like the Comp-Tac's.  One thing I learned though...I first bought a "slide" so that I could use it with both my G27 and G22.  The bottom edge would dig into my hip pretty good, so I traded it in on a "holster" [only fits G26/G27] and it was much more comfortable; I never carry my G22 IWB anyway.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yeah, I know, but need something a little sooner, may end up driving to austin

txl

They had a used one at Tex-Guns in Austin a couple weeks ago. I don't think it's gonna be your best price though. I can't remember how much it was exactly but it definately doesn't strike my memory as a great deal. But they did have one.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why in a hurry, TxL?  I thought you have enough handguns/rifles and ammo to protect a whole neighborhood.

Oh, I do, but I am thinking about a trip to N.O. for LT.  I have my beretta (big ass brick) and my p-32.

The p-32 is not the most intimidating gun made, and the beretta is not the most concealable firearm.  

So, I thought I would go with either a karh pm9 or the glock 26.  Although I am not a glock fan, it is not because I don't think they are a fantastic weapon, it's more of a grip angle thing.  But I like the idea of a very reliable 9mm that can shoot my 124gr+p gdhp and still be very concealable with a good IWB.

So, if I can find a deal on one, I may get done quickly, unless someone has a good weapon and iwb holster they want to trade for my beretta for the week.

TXL  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
pretty sure they sell decent priced ones at academy, if not academy then oshmans.

-mm
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
pretty sure they sell decent priced ones at academy, if not academy then oshmans.

-mm

Around here in Austin all Glocks at Academy are $496.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
 Don't overlook the XD either.  I don't own one, but have tried and handled several including the subcompacts.  The price is considerably lower than Glocks at the 2 dealers I mentioned.  The only downside is that I have not found inexpensive magazines for the XDs.

The only downside I have heard about them is the finish....but you were going to get them Lauer or Gunkoted....right?

mm
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top