Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:23:06 AM EDT
Hey guys went out to BT this morning, not many people there at all so you can find parking easily.

First time I have seen it that unattended.

Good deal with 5 dollar admin with Matt's mailer though.

About 75% full with vendors, the other west side of the place was blocked off.

Most of the regular guys were there.

I picked up a nice tac light for my 20" pic rail for $20.00 and a few boxes of Federal matched 168grn .308
for $10 a piece.

It was easy to get around and deal since there wasnt as many folks as usual.

John
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got back.  It was kind of a bust.  Saw a few LE6920 for $1149.  Got a blue slip for $2 off next show.  Not much 223 ammo.  Lots SA 308 $219/1000.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The only good deal I saw was use AR mags three for $25.00. RH
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't get there today but will try to go tomorrow. Lower than normal attendance is probably to be somewhat expected since there's been very little time to get the word out to the public. But we need to give the promoter a big hand for pulling it together at the last minute, and also for trying to put on a good show every time.  Probably a good weekend to get some deals from exhibitors, with fewer people attending.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I couldn't get there today but will try to go tomorrow. Lower than normal attendance is probably to be somewhat expected since there's been very little time to get the word out to the public. But we need to give the promoter a big hand for pulling it together at the last minute, and also for trying to put on a good show every time.  Probably a good weekend to get some deals from exhibitors, with fewer people attending.

oh yeah, Matt did a great job last minute...We spoke for a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The only good deal I saw was use AR mags three for $25.00. RH

Saw those, pretty beat up and that cheap aluminum..there were some new ones for 12 a piece now.

I like the USGI black anadized ones, they stand up longer to wear and tear and less of beating on the mag well of the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I tell ya, I sure did appreciate the Mesquite PD having that kool assed elevated platform, and that really bitchin duallie out there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
with the low attendance do yo think there will be good deals tomorrow?  or will the vendors not show?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone notice if Dallas Reloading Service was there?   Getting low on 223.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
with the low attendance do yo think there will be good deals tomorrow?  or will the vendors not show?

The attendance was not great, and I have not broken even yet. The difference in the crowd was they were BUYING. I have not talked to one vendor/dealer that hasn't done well so far. One guy came to the office at noon yesterday, thanked us and told us he could leave now and still have made good money.

There are several dealers out there with great deals.

An unusual show for Bigtown. For the first time, parking is not an issue, and there is room to walk inside.

To those who came out, THANKS. I really appreciate the support. I appears that several of you guys got some good deals.

Matthew
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did anyone notice if Dallas Reloading Service was there?   Getting low on 223.

They are there.

Matthew
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
probably people were BUYING in the wake of Katrina....interesting....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top