Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:03:28 PM EDT
My parents are back in beaumont and I'm worried about this shit spilling into our state.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My parents are back in beaumont and I'm worried about this shit spilling into our state.  

I'm very worried.  We had a meeting of all the heads of LE agencies around here today.  Needless to say alot of people scratching their heads as to what we'll do after hearing the stories of what's going on in New Orleans.  

I feel a little better that alot of the people are being diverted elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
the crime rate will go up. things like this bring out the best in some and the worst in others.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I live one block away from UH main campus which is really close to the dome.

Im a little conerned i will see a few more homeless people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not think it will get as bad as in New Orleans, but the crime rate for sure go up simply because of the increased population. Not to mention a lot of these people in some instances have nothing to lose. And as everyone knows New Orleans is very high in crime and a lot of these people from there are now here. They will get restless eventually, you cannot live at an arena for months on end and not eventually get tired. But so far our call load here in Beaumont has not increased YET, but it will not doubt about it. 2nd day since Ford Park has really been maxed out on capacity and we have already begun to have disturbances.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
i worry for my loved ones and my fiancee which goes to school at uh and tsu.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I didn't have a trunk gun yesterday.

I do today.

i started to actually use mine the  other day too
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about looting, but possibly some disturbances. The difference is that nowhere in Texas is in as bad a situation as New Orleans and therefore there won't be the same level of lawlessness. Also, I hope that the citizens of Texas will stand up for their state if any of these thugs start to cause problems.

It really is sad how a few bad apples can ruin the bunch. As angry as I get when I hear all the horror stories about these thugs I have to remind myself of all the people who aren't causing problems that have lost everything.

It's just a sad, sad situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do today.

on what?  or you didn't have it in the trunk before yesterday?

same here, I've been haulin around my mosin carbine in my back seat in the last few weeks, at least I have something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#10]
No, I do not see it "spilling over". I can see some problems at gas pumps and evacuee centers though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
close to where i work (off 59)

there are starting to have disturbances, people screaming and cursing violence towars the workers.

even yelling at the cars that drive by.
they have gone insane
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do today.

same here, I've been haulin around my mosin carbine in my back seat in the last few weeks, at least I have something.

never hope to have to use it on anyone or anything.

just before i have never felt the need to keep it in the trunk since i always had one at the hip and spares in the door.

but now i feel that more is needed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do today.

never hope to have to use it on anyone or anything.

just before i have never felt the need to keep it in the trunk since i always had one at the hip and spares in the door.

but now i feel that more is needed.

I feel ya, wish I had one on the hip, have wait until October for my chl class
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Crime is already on the rise just due to the huge climb in the numbers of "drive off's" from the gas stations. Now add 25000 homeless people. I am sure glad I live in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope these people keep going through beaumont and not stay there.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Crime is already on the rise just due to the huge climb in the numbers of "drive off's" from the gas stations. Now add 25000 homeless people. I am sure glad I live in the middle of nowhere.

I believe there was 25,000 in Dallas, 25,000 in San Antonio, and 23,000 in Houston. It's plenty more than just 25,000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I do today.

One of my AK's just left for N.O. with my bro-in-law.....it's a damn shame that a firefighter needs to be armed to try and get back to work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hope these people keep going through beaumont and not stay there.  

So far we just have our regular amount of crazy/crackhead folks wondering around. But, I did see a few people down around the station with backpacks early this morning when I was going home(walking to the American Legion who is taking people also). So unk if they are evacuees or not. Almost all of our shelters are maxed out, so as more people come in I am sure there will be more homeless evacuees going around. From what I understand Houston is just about tapped out also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope.  Ive got an AR15 & 1000+ rounds of ammo.  If that runs dry Ill fall back to the 12 guage and my pistols.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
My son said that there was some shooting in Natchitoches LA last night due to NOLA refugees doing 'undocumented shopping'. Have not had a chance to cross verify with links from that local paper yet.

So, the cancer is coming with them.

When I went by the local funshop to pay on my baby(Sig P226), the guys behind the counter said that sales of mace, pepper spray, and defensive weapons jumped in the past two days.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Oct. 15-16.

shit
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No, I do not see it "spilling over". I can see some problems at gas pumps and evacuee centers though.

+1, at least not too many gun related crimes anyway.

My wife is not allowed to go and fill up the car! Just in case something happens I need her and my son to be miles away from the pump, at least until some of this mess settles down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here's something else to think about. Since they are thinking about putting some evacuee's in the Reliant Center, what do you think is going to happen to the HGCA show coming up? Think about that.

Fox News just reported that Reliant has cleared its schedule through December, so it does not look good for any shows in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I went to try and find a couple of locking gas caps at the local parts places.
They were sold out.

I'm not going to stay up all night sitting on the porch waiting for some refugee/evacuee
to come by and attempt to do anything illeagal but, yes, I am concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top