Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:10:47 PM EDT
Just moved here 3 weeks ago its time to go shoot, whrere is good range to shoot in san antonio?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If your interested in tactical shoots you may want to look at this link. There is a shoot this weekend.

http://www.texastactical.net/matches/carbine.asp
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow - NY to Texas...That's one hell of a change!

Welcome to Free America!

My personal favorite is The Bullet Hole, on Grosenbacher Road (just off Highway 90 West, about a mile outside Loop 1604). The facilities ain't fancy, but the proprietors and clientele appreciate evil black rifles, and the rates are reasonable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Welcome to Free America!

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite is Dietz but be warned, no rapid fire...unless you are well-known and there are no other people on the range.  Double taps on pistol but that is about it.  This is a benchrest range but also has hunter types.  You service your targets.  That is why I like this range.  It is located on SH 46, about 5 miles (West) from LP 337 in New Braunfels.  Since it is at higher elevation, it is usually cooler than anything else.

Blackhawk is on the SW side, hot and sandy.  

Bullethole is located on the far West side between Portranco and US 90.  Grosenbacher parallels FM 1604.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Cedar Ridge Range north on 281, right on Bulverde Road about 5 miles.

The owner is an ass, but nice location.

Pistol, rifle, and sporting clays.

Also Bracken Range is on the northeast side behind Rolling Oaks Mall, kind of near Verizon Amphitheater.  Small, but well-run.

+1 on Dietz.  Tight ship.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If your interested in tactical shoots you may want to look at this link. There is a shoot this weekend.

Thanks for the Info. I am going there this weekend to check it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Welcome to Free America!

My personal favorite is The Bullet Hole, on Grosenbacher Road (just off Highway 90 West, about a mile outside Loop 1604). The facilities ain't fancy, but the proprietors and clientele appreciate evil black rifles, and the rates are reasonable.

Going there bullethhole  tonight. thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Was going to ask what side of town u were on, I'm by sea world.  Maybe we can get some san antonio people together for a little shoot/meet n greet.

Edited to add: What part of NY were u from? I use to live between Utica and Rome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Let us know how the bullet hole is.  I am in New braunfels and go to deitz(sp?).  Would like to try somewhere else.

Thanks
Travis
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Was going to ask what side of town u were on, I'm by sea world.  Maybe we can get some san antonio people together for a little shoot/meet n greet.

Edited to add: What part of NY were u from? I use to live between Utica and Rome.

I am near by 1604 and Blanco Rd. North central area.
I was in NYC for about 8 years and My hometown is San Francisco, CA.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let us know how the bullet hole is.  I am in New braunfels and go to deitz(sp?).  Would like to try somewhere else.

Thanks
Travishr

going there Tomorrow afternoon can't make it tonight, will let you know.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the Info. I am going there this weekend to check it out.

Look for me and Darren, we will have some Leitner-Wise piston uppers and a F/A AK on hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top