Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 10:28:42 AM EDT
I currently live in Houston, TX and need some advice on the way I should get my SBR/ silencer.  The options are as follows:

1. LLC method
2. BATF method

How long is the current BATF wait and is it easy to get signatures in Harris County?  Is the BATF really that hard to work with?   Is the LLC method really a sure bet on getting SBRs/ silencers, or do must Class 3 dealers just blow you off.  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Marco
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you know a local CLEO personally, you're SOL on a Harris county signoff.

I'd drop a line to NFA_Investments for the full rundown on the Houston NFA environment.  He's a good guy and active here on the board.

Alpine
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unless you know a local CLEO personally, you're SOL on a Harris county signoff.

I'd drop a line to NFA_Investments for the full rundown on the Houston NFA environment.  He's a good guy and active here on the board.

Alpine

+1000   Harris county sucks and NFA is a great guy
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
the others are correct

forget harris count and shoot nfa_investments an email he a great guy to deal with and he could help
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I take it that I'm better off going the LLC route.  My question now is: What do I have to do to get an LLC and how does it work on getting an SBR/ silencer?

Thanks for all of the replies,

Marco
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know about Brazoria County?

Also if you go LLC how much is it a year to maintain it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Does any one have NFA_Investment's telephone or email, or a website I can go too?

Thanks,

Marco
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does any one have NFA_Investment's telephone or email, or a website I can go too?

Thanks,

Marco

here's a thread he started that has all his info. there is also a tacked thread at the top which has tx ffl contacts

nfa_investments
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you will give me a call sometime Monday, I can give you the run down.

Keith

NFA Investments, A BATFE Licensed Firearms Manufacturer
Keith Norman, owner
Tel. (281) 639-0026
Type 07 FFL / Class 02 SOT
Web: www.NFAinvestments.com
Email: [email protected]

Central Texas Investigative Services
Keith Norman, owner
Tel. (281) 639-0026
TCPS #A-08772
Web: www.ctis.cc
Email: [email protected]

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Around what time?

Once again, thanks for all of the replies

Marco
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Around what time?

Once again, thanks for all of the replies

Marco

[Yoda]the Padawan of NFA Investments you will become.  consume you, NFA will.  [/Yoda]

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, what HK940 said.  setting up an LLC is relatively easy in Texas.  

I charge $300.00 plus expenses if you don't want to mess with it.

Seriously consider going the corporation route.

Eric the Hun and I discussed this and he feels that the corp is the better way to go.  I am being swayed to agreeing with him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Around what time?

Anytime from now to about 1:00 PM should be OK. If you miss me, leave me a message and Ilkk call you back a short while later.

Keith
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to thank NFA_Investments for his time and all of his advice.  It sounds like the LLC is not only the easiest way, but also the smartest way.   Thanks everybody.

Marco
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
[yoda]yes.  over to the dark side you have come.  consume you it will.  as it has SC-Texas.  
come tuesday night, beer we will buy you and we will instruct you in the ways of the dark side. [/yoda]  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top