Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 8:21:23 AM EDT
Anyone know of a stocking dealer in the greater Houston area?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
One guy at most of the High Caliber gun shows usually has VV powders.  Seems there have been "issues" lately with avail.  At the last show he did have almost everything, except what I needed which was N133.  

ASC normally carries it also, but they are completely out...  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not picking up some N135 from him last weekend at GRB.  His price was a little high but near unobtanium is,  well, near unobtainium!

I've heard that Vihtavuori got themselves into a little disagreement with the D.O.T. and it may still be a while before everything is sorted out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear they are requiring the dealers to buy bulk cases, which isnt a good selling powder for most dealers to carry such a big inventory of.

I know Carters country dont carry tehm unless you pre-pay for the entire case (12 bottls)

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Do I hear a group buy???  

I can ask TX65 to try and get the stuff, as long as we order in quanity, he is here in Houston.  If you guys will post what you want, and what quantity you are willing to buy, I will ask what he can do on pricing.    

Along these lines, I have several pounds of Ramshot Tac and Big Game I would like to unload.  $45/over 3 lbs of Big Game (it is in one jug), and $45/3 lbs. of Tac (also one jug).  

WTR        

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Check to see if he can even get it first.  My understanding is they can't legally ship it yet.  All of the distributors I've checked either show it as back ordered, or don't even list it.  Supposedly the D.O.T. mess is to be cleared up late this fall.  Some dealers seem to have some stock, but it's just not worth the haz mat charge on top of what is already a premium priced product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top