User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2004 10:57:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
*crickets chirping*

I'll be registering tomorrow.  I should be there early Saturday, and be there all day, and then some on Sunday.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Eric,

Have the new baby boy.  I can't make the trip this year.  I am however saving for next year.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I am best man in my best friend's (known each other 20+years) on the 16th, I won't be able to make it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Me.

ETA: I just checked my calendar and I may be able to make it out one day that weekend. (which?)

I also bought 10 raffle tickets.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, I will not.  I'm on call the weekend of Gunstock, and unable to weasel out of the duty.  (seeing as I traded for that weekend to be able to go home to visit the family at Christmas.)  The sacrifices we make for family.

I'll be there in spirit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn you lawyers got a way with words.

Now I feel guilty for even attempting to be a distant observationist.

When and where is this thing again?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not coming...just got lasik in August...just had more oral surgery on tuesday...and I'm trying to get on with another PD and that's gonna cost me some money to move and stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not going, I know yall are good folks but I just don't like crowds and like to shoot with only a friend or two.  Besides, I'm poor and going back to school so I couldn't afford it anywho.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]
It's still up in the air if I'm going or not.  Too much going on right now and I have soccer coaching obligations that saturday so I wouldn't even be able to catch a ride with someone.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I just registered and got my room for Saturday night.  I'll be there.  Now I'm still not sure if any of the rest of the Houston Crew will be ridding with me or not yet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's still up in the air if I'm going or not.  Too much going on right now and I have soccer coaching obligations that saturday so I wouldn't even be able to catch a ride with someone.

I'm planning on Sunday myself. I'll know for sure after this weekend. If I'm going, you can hitch a ride with me if you want.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I was thinking of going to Tom Bean that weekend.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't make it this year, too many high profile trials during that time period, my team needs me there. Hopefuly next year, probably end up at the Tom Bean range that sunday.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]
   Got a 3 gun match at TACPRO on Sat; however, will try to make the Sunday events.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Going to run off with my wife on a "no kids/no worries" three day weekend that was planned and booked long before the Gunstock date was set. Sometimes things get in the way of a weekend with the boys......if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm not coming...just got lasik in August...just had more oral surgery on tuesday...  

Uh, you need to talk to your LASIK provider: it's not supposed to be done orally, m'kay.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Going to run off with my wife on a "no kids/no worries" three day weekend that was planned and booked long before the Gunstock date was set. Sometimes things get in the way of a weekend with the boys......if you know what I mean.

You do know that "Thang" won't spoil, don't you?? fullclip
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm planning on Sunday myself. I'll know for sure after this weekend. If I'm going, you can hitch a ride with me if you want.

Nevermind. I just got "my head right with ball". That's my anniversary.

Ya'll have fun. (I'll see ya'll in another life. )
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I found out last week that we are replacing a fire damaged fiber optic cable in downtown Baltimore next Friday night and Saturday. I have to be there. I tried every excuse, every trick, and can't weasel out of it. Mt boss had to cancel his vacation too, so he didn't want to hear any whining.
I already had my flight booked, room reserved. My GF will be using the airplane tickets instead (she was going to come with me) and she is taking her sister instead to visit friends and family in Waco and Austin.

This will be the first Arfcom national event I've missed, and I'm pretty pissed off about it.

You guys try to have a little fun without me. You can bet I'll be there next year, no matter where it is held (although Waco was pretty damn nice).
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've got a note from my mom.

"Please excuse Jarhead_22 from attendance at Gunstock 2004 as he is very far away and will be spending that weekend with heavily armed people anyway.

Signed,
Jarhead_22's Mom"

You are excused.  Please take care of yourself over there buddy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I cant make it........sorry

If somebody could do a Mag dump with a Beta-C for me I would be very grateful
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was thinking of going to Tom Bean that weekend.

You should save that for another weekend. Much more to do at Gunstock.

That's ok-- I'll probably go to Tom Bean or Garland Public Shooting Range that weekend if I decide to do some shooting. Its much closer and safer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
 I guess your .308 ammo and HK91 will have to wait until next year, huh?

With a little luck, I might have my own HK to bring next year (51).....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What's your excuse?  

Its all in a name...... My name to be specific,

You guys had better post some pics to let me see what I missed!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry.  With Football being on, my BAC will be too high to operate toys of ANY kind!   Actually the wife had reservations to be out of town before I could.  Stuck here with my dogs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Am working that weekend for the $ for Tiger Valley shoot on 13 & 14 Nov. May make it to Tom Bean on Saturday AM to break in a new upper.

wganz

Day #11 awaiting on my Team Membership to be processed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#37]
ETH: sorry i will not make it this year. as you will remember, i wore BIGHAT last year, and was accompanied by TxRedneck and my younger brother. thank you for your (more than kind)contribution to my weapons, ammo, and gun smoke filled bachelor party last year.

For those of you working on it this year, last year G.S. was my bachelor party, as well as a send off of sorts from my bro and my buddy.

For those concerned with safety issues, GS is one of the safest events i've ever been to. there will be NO say NO loaded firearms off the range, and they will check for this.

for those concerned about something to do, there is more than you can handel at GS. you'll be tired at the end of everyday.
if youre concerned about the party life, there's still more to do at the end of every day, but it wont involve firearms.

GS is worth every penny and more. if i was in the area, i'd be there. so get off your asses!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
For those concerned with safety issues, GS is one of the safest events i've ever been to.

I take it you did not hear about what happened last year? CavArms even posted pics of their "bullet proof" stock which was damaged in the incident...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those concerned with safety issues, GS is one of the safest events i've ever been to.

I take it you did not hear about what happened last year? CavArms even posted pics of their "bullet proof" stock which was damaged in the incident...

and the people responsible will not be back, it's been taken care of..............................

ill be there come hell or high water.  besides, i've got ammo for alot of people that would be really pissed if i didn't show up with it
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Good news, looks like some of the Houston Crew will be joining me after all.  There should be 4-5 of us out there with y'all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Will there be any vendors there selling bulk ammo?  I'm looking for a case, maybe two, of 5.56 and .308 Port.

Also a little confused about the events - is this a shooting competition, a fun blast, or both?  Will try to make it at least one of the days.  

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good news, looks like some of the Houston Crew will be joining me after all.  There should be 4-5 of us out there with y'all.

Slumlord.  When are you gents going to be there?

The plan as it stands is: Drive up on Saturday morning, we should be there around noon or so.  We're staying at La Quinta Inn Waco University Area Saturday night.  Depending on whats going on Sunday will dictate when we leave, but the plan is to be back in Houston Sunday night.  None of the local guys were going to go, until I booked a room and told them all they had to do was jump in my Suburban and stay with me.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#45]
... also a gun show.

The safety issues have been addressed.  This year it safety is being handled by Tiger Valley and TJ doesn't fool around about safety.

I'll be there.  I'm also going to RO on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Will there be any vendors there selling bulk ammo?  I'm looking for a case, maybe two, of 5.56 and .308 Port.

Also a little confused about the events - is this a shooting competition, a fun blast, or both?  Will try to make it at least one of the days.  

Thanks

i figured there would be call for it.......................i have 2 cases of 500 XM193 spare you can pick up from me at gunstock.  i had ordered it for SSG. Jongemas Hero Rifle cause but he is still in walter reed and i can replinish it long before he is home to receive his rifle and accessories.

that is it though, my kansas supply is exhausted and without priority shipping i cannot get any in before friday when i leave...............................

i can probably get other brands of .223 and various other calibers out of kansas though if anybody wants any for gunstock.  MONDAY EARLY is absolutely the ordering deadline though
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I'll be there Saturday am
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Due to some very exotic hand/wrist surgery we won't be making it to Waco either this year. We were there last year and had a very good time picking up toys to go with our toys.

My shooting hand is down and there's a lot of thrapy to do to reintroduce my fingers to my muscles. It's rough, slow, tedious work with little progress but that is to be expected for such extensive surgery. My husband keeps teasing me about my having little to no use for all my guns since I'm right handed and that's where the problem was fixed. That's enough to make my daily rehab sessions a must do to get back to normal!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I am damned glad I went!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top