Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 3:50:13 PM EDT
Hello. I am leaving to Pensacola, Fla. I dont own a hand gun. All my firearms are long rifle's. My question is can i carry my ar-15 for protection? Or should i leave at home? LoL Well i hope you guys can educate me. So if you can help out i do appreciate it. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
well you can't walk around town with it slung.  it's legal to do it but you will get it taken away from you by the first cop you see.
best to leave it home.

this is when a CHL is your friend.
Texas and Florida honor each others CHL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hello. I am leaving to Pensacola, Fla. I dont own a hand gun. All my firearms are long rifle's. My question is can i carry my ar-15 for protection? Or should i leave at home? LoL Well i hope you guys can educate me. So if you can help out i do appreciate it. Thanks

Advice?

Ok, here it is.

Let's say you are in fear of losing your life.  You reach for the closest firearm to protect yourself, and you empty that 30 round mag in to your attackers.

Now, fast forward a few months.

You are on trial for murder, and you feel your shooting was justified.

The jury hears the prosecutions case, and is shown an AR15, with all its evil features.

Feel good about that?

Best advice I ever got in the use of a firearm for home defense.  You want to kill the attacker with a  shotgun/rifle/pistol that looks just like your Grandpa's.  You want a jury to see the weapon you chose and to feel empathy, not horror.

AR15 is fine for self-defense, but it does not play well in front of a jury...

TRG

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Yes, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, but you'd still have to be judged by the 12.  A BG kilt by your wood stocked Wingmaster is as dead as the one kilt by your Colt Commando.  Just remember, those 12 people are all too dumb to get out of jury duty.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys! I will take the musket. lol I appreciate the advice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thanks guys! I will take the musket.

HAHA!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i thin a saw with a 250 mag pouch would be good to carry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top