Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 5:09:26 AM EDT
Any body heard any word about Cabellas building a store in Buda? If so when will it be completed and where at?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
heard of it.  Pretty sure it's a go.  Not sure when, tho.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is Buda?

I heard they have purchased a site to build on, just north of Ft worth. Near alliance airport.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Buda is just south of Austin.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes! They will build on I35 and Loop 4.  They bought 120 acres.  Should be completed in the fall of 2005.  Finally, a new place to spend my money (only 12 miles from home).  I may even try to get a part-time job there.  They're also building one in Fort Worth, but no ETA on that location.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they have direct deposit
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The Cabela's in Fort Worth will be 2005 as well IIRC.  If you check their website you can see they are looking for managers already.  The hunting department or gun library manager sounds cool, if I was a salesuy I'd look at it...

On another note, coming back from Houston today, I noticed that the Gander Mountain store in Corsicana is open.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The Buda location sounds like it's a "go", but I haven't heard for sure. They're still ironing out the details last I heard. Buda would be crazy to let that tax revenue slip through their fingers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#9]
i live in buda and the store is a go ! exit 221  I-35  just behind the HEB.   I have heard many different sq footage for the size but it is to be very very large.
TEXASAK-47
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw the Gander Mountain thats comin up at 290 and HWY 6.
Looks like its gonna be about the size of a Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The Alliance Airport sign when coming into the area says "Welcome Cabelas".  Can't wait.  Just what I need, another place to dump my hard earned dollars.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i live in buda and the store is a go ! exit 221  I-35  just behind the HEB.   I have heard many different sq footage for the size but it is to be very very large.
TEXASAK-47

WOW I didn't know anyone actually lived in Buda...
JK!!! My wife's step brother is the Mayor of Buda.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I was able to go by the Gander Mountain in Corsicana, it is pretty damn cool.  It is maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the size of the Bass Pro at grapevine, but the % of cool stuff was much higher.  There is only a small fishing section, maybe 15% of the store, and there isn't alot of regular-type clothes.  Everything else is hunting/camping stuff, so the actual size of the interesting parts is probably larger than Bass Pro.  They also have a large number of gun safes on display, I need to go check that out.  The only deficiency was that I didn't see much ammo besides huge stacks of shotgun shells, but then again I only had time to walk through in 10 minutes so I might have missed it.  

Anybody on this board needs to stop by.  If the Cabela's in FW is along the same lines it will surely cause some to overdose on outdoor stores .  Now we just need some good competition between them...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Have any of you been to Sportsmans Warehouse in Lewisville?  I was suprised by the amount of reloading supplies they have, plus they actually take the time to wait on you at the gun counter.  Something that you don't find at Bass Pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top