Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:45:58 PM EDT
I went to an Astros game tonight, and I was checking out the sidearms on some of the officers I saw there.  I noticed an H&K USP, a .45 wheelgun and a few others.

Can they select their own weapon of choice?  I imagine they at least have some approved list of models?

Just wondering...    
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
each officer buys their own weapon.  my dad carried  sig p220 .45
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]
A few years back they had changed their firearms list to either a sig, smith, or beretta(if I remember correctly) in 40 caliber for the new officers to choose from and they did purchase them themselves.

All other officers already in can keep what they were already carrying as long as they qualify with it.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks fellers.  I was curious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top