Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 11:51:26 AM EDT
*UPDATE* - no can do guys.  Have a bachelor party this same weekend, out of town.  :-(

Stll gonna put a buch of stuff together tho, so if anyone wants to come by on the 14th, IM me for directions and details.

---------
Is anyone having one?  I know a few have talked about a shoot.... but I was thinking of a local DFW get together to build rifles, install telestocks, change barrels, etc?

I am going to be building at least 3 rifles from stripped lowers, changing barrels on 4 existing rifles, installing two telestocks, and doing a free float installation on one rifle.

Anyone want to come over and hang out, and do some of their projects.... and teach/learn with the rest?

Wish I had a lathe here, we could cut down and thread barrels too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm there

FireBlade
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Just need place and time.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely. Where? What? Why? How?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
 The weekend after Sept 14th is also a Big Town gun show date.  I'm sure something could be found for that Saturday or Sunday.

mm
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, How about we go to Big Town on Sat morning, do the lunch thang... then come back to my place for beer drinking and amateur gunsmithing after the show?  That way we can stock up on any gear people wanna install/build.

I just have an apt, but it has a big garage, so I guess we would just hang out in my garage and scare the hell outa the neighbors!  Sounds cool to me.  If anyone else has a better place, i'm game, but if not.... my place is cool.  I will post details in this thread as the date draws nearer.... I am around Preston/BeltLine in N. Dallas.  Legs - I know thats a real far drive for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
... Buy an airfare to Mesa, AZ
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I may have to miss the Big Town show because of my coaching responsibilities, but I'd be interested in meeting up that afternoon.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd be interested, just let me know when and where.  Would anyone have tools to thread a barrel?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd be interested, just let me know when and where.  Would anyone have tools to thread a barrel?

Unfortunately, it takes a lathe to do this properly.  You have to cut down the OD (outside diameter) of the barrel to the correct spec, then cut the threads.  Cutting threads on a manual lathe is a lot more difficult than simple metal removal.  I havent done it in so long, I would trust myself until I had practiced it on several blanks first..... and I dont know anyone with a lathe around here anyway.... so I dont think thats gonna happen.  Sure would be nice tho.

I looked into sending my barrels off to have them cut, threaded, lightened, and reparked, and add a FH, and the end cost was almost what a new barrel from bushmaster costs!  Thats the route I think is wiser.... buy a $219 barrel assembly, swap, and then sell your postban barrel assembly for ~$100.  This way you end up with brand new equipment, from the factory, just how you want it.  I do have all the tools to install barrels.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there any motels close to your place so a drunk out-of-towner could sleep one off? I would love to work on one of my spare AR's.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, crap - turns out I have a bachelor party scheduled this same weekend, out of town.  I wont be able to do this after all.

In that case, on Tuesday or Wednesday after work, I will be putting together some stuff, if some of you guys wanna come by and have a beer or 4.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd love to come, but I'd be in Florida. Can I take a rain check? I've got some parts for an AR.... Grizzly stripped upper and I'm looking for all the missing parts. Trying to hunt down a RRA lower locally...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Can ladies attend?

Oh, wait...I'm no lady. Count me in (if it switches back to the weekend)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
How'bout coordinating it with LT's farewell gig, something the afternoon of the 19th?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
*UPDATE* - no can do guys.  Have a bachelor party this same weekend, out of town.  :-(
Stll gonna put a buch of stuff together tho, so if anyone wants to come by on the 14th, IM me for directions and details.

Ahh, well...We can stay up all night on AR15.com and post cheap computer cam pics of our upgrades. ~Crp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top