Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2004 6:08:38 PM EDT
Is anyone on this forum going to have a stand/booth up there with AR affiliated products?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just curious to find out if it is worth going to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Talked to some guys at work who say this is more of a collectors and memorbilia show than a normal gun show. Geared more towards Cowboy Action and re-enactors than anything else. I remember some of the post here after the first one saying it was expensive to park and get in and were rather disappointed in it afterwards.

It may still be worth checking out anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The word is parking is free this year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Geared more towards Cowboy Action and re-enactors than anything else.
It may still be worth checking out anyway.

Ah damn I hope not, is there any way to find out for sure what all will be there
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
brochure

I don't know, but I'm going to check it out.  I heard they listened to the complaints from last year and made changes.  ie. free parking, more "real guns and ammo"...

We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there anywhere I can find out about other upcoming Gun Shows, (there was a 2004 list Tacked at the top of the Texas forum, but unfortunatley its gone now)

Thanks for the Brochure, although the Indians and cowboy sketches isn't very encouraging for a guy who is looking for AR parts. (don't get me wrong I like western style firearms)

the brochure is labled "the great western show" if thats any indication of what will be there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks,....

Market Hall: damn all the way in June, well I guess that will give me more time to save up. Is there any Dallas area shops and stores that sell AR stripped lowers and a wide array of parts?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#10]
May 29-30  Ft Worth, Will Rodgers Center  High Caliber

Not that far.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Lone Star Guns in Plano. On the corner of K Street and Parker. East of 75

Really, thats real close to me, Do they have a wide selection? and a Web Page perhaps?

I am going to check that out next weekend! by he way its Park Blvd. not Parker
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lone Star Guns in Plano. On the corner of K Street and Parker. East of 75

Really, thats real close to me, Do they have a wide selection? and a Web Page perhaps?

I am going to check that out next weekend!

PM "MBSL" he works there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Well as soon as lordtrader told me about  "Lone Star Guns" in Plano I was stricken by a bad stomach ache and I was forced to leave work early, so I took a 45 min. detour on the way home and ran by LSG. I bought a RRA lower, It has a small scratch , but I am far from dissapointed. So now my project begins,

Thanks for the referal and the web site. Great store I will be sure to return! I may even get them to install a free float, when I get to that point!
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Lone Star Guns also now has the gunsmith expertise of James Darst.  Formerly at K2 and the best tactical gunsmith in Texas.  Every SWAT team in North Texas appreciates James' work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Lonestarwholesale.com
texasstargroup.com
Both should be at Will Rogers next weekend if memory serves. Their gs scedule should be listed on their sites.   Uppers and Lowers and good to deal with.  Good luck
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Lone Star Guns also now has the gunsmith expertise of James Darst.  Formerly at K2 and the best tactical gunsmith in Texas.  Every SWAT team in North Texas appreciates James' work.

thats good to Know

thanks for the input Simonsay I am going to be sure to go to that one.

Damn we got a little off topic, screw it
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry meant Amon Carter.  I would guess the show there will not be that big but I'm going anyway just to see these guys and pick up some lowers.  Got to email them to make sure.  I did look it up on his site and it is May 8-9.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sorry meant Amon Carter.  I would guess the show there will not be that big but I'm going anyway just to see these guys and pick up some lowers.  Got to email them to make sure.  I did look it up on his site and it is May 8-9.  

Found out from another dealer that this show was cancelled....Fair park is the only game in town this coming weekend.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor_Man

I just bought a Stag Arms stripped lower from www.eaglefirearms.net and it is better Mil-spec than my bushmasters that came with my rifles. Quality and color are good too.

It was $79 +$6 s&h and showed up in two days from Denver. I'm going to buy two more as soon as I have the funds.Shooter100
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Poor_Man

I just bought a Stag Arms stripped lower from www.eaglefirearms.net and it is better Mil-spec than my bushmasters that came with my rifles. Quality and color are good too.

It was $79 +$6 s&h and showed up in two days from Denver. I'm going to buy two more as soon as I have the funds.

Shooter100

Not bad might be a prospect in another future build, but for now this RRA lower i bought will have to suffice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is there anywhere I can find out about other upcoming Gun Shows, (there was a 2004 list Tacked at the top of the Texas forum, but unfortunatley its gone now)

Thanks for the Brochure, although the Indians and cowboy sketches isn't very encouraging for a guy who is looking for AR parts. (don't get me wrong I like western style firearms)

the brochure is labled "the great western show" if thats any indication of what will be there.

Try this website:

WWW.TEXASGUNSHOWS.COM
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
thanks,.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Found out from another dealer that this show was cancelled....Fair park is the only game in town this coming weekend.

Frisco is correct:
Lonestarwholesale.com contacted me with the same information.  They are considering attending the Dallas show at this time.  When I hear from them I will pass along the news.   This has truly thrown a kink in my plans for the weekend.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
when is everyone going that is?  I like western shit...lol

FireBlade
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top