Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 7:08:55 AM EDT
I want to build a large smoker for the Range.  That way when Gunstock has an event you guys can do your own smoking.  The food you guys made Friday night put Uncle Dans to shame.  No shit you guys could go into business.  Yes I was hungry and no I wasn't drunk, it was great food. Do me a favor and keep your eyes open for a cheap propane tank.  preferably A large one that we could do a whole pig if we wanted.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Some of TX/DFW crew guys can really know how to smoke/cook, specifically TRG.
 I'm sure guys will drop by this Tx forum and respond to you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]
try calling a company that makes / refurbishes pressure vessels. sometimes the employees make pits on saturdays.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet TxRedneck could hook you up. Propane and propane accessories is what he sells for a living(Hank Hill paging Mr. Hank Hill )

echo(stuck in FL)6
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bet TxRedneck could hook you up. Propane and propane accessories is what he sells for a living(Hank Hill paging Mr. Hank Hill )

echo(stuck in FL)6

Hey! What the hell are you doing in the Texas forum?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
call your local propane dealer and ask if they have any junk tanks with pinholes in them or any tanks that are missing tags or are otherwise unserviceable.........a 100 gallon or 250 gallon is about the ideal size for a BBQ pit, 500 gallon requires alot of fire to cook on............

we used to have a whole yard full of junk tanks but the scrap yard next door offered to haul them off for us so we let em...........

when you find a tank, remember that metal is porous and will hold propane looooong after the tank has been emptied, fill them up COMPLETELY with water before taking a torch to them.........
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks I  don't have much hair left and the wife would be pissed off if I set the house on fire.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks I  don't have much hair left and the wife would be pissed off if I set the house on fire.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Some of TX/DFW crew guys can really know how to smoke/cook, specifically TRG.
 I'm sure guys will drop by this Tx forum and respond to you.

who was it up at the farm last time.   sparsky....yeah wasnt he cookin......that was some pretty good stuff there.  heck he barely shot any guns!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:17:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is this what ya have in mind ?

I fire this thing up just about every weekend

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p92f26b49895ddd1c7af090406b6ceeb0/fbdf0e1a.jpg

Thats what I need...
But then I would never go back inside!!
Nice set-up Cockedandlocked...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top