Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 11:42:53 PM EDT
Ok folks, since I've been appointed Grand High Poobah of Central Texas Get-Togethers, I'm issuing a call for votes on monthly dinner venues.

Hill's Cafe - S
El Rey - S
Rudy's Barbecue - S, NW, RR
Logan's Roadhouse - S, RR
Texas Land and Cattle Company - SC, NC, NW, S
Fuddruckers - S, NWC, NC
Salt Lick - Far S
Hula Hut - C
Curra's - NC
Mongolian Grille - NW, C
Alborz - NWC
Hoover's Cooking - EC
Shady Grove - C
Reale's Pizza & Cafe - NW
Buffet Palace - S, NC
The Filling Station - C
Waterloo Ice House - C
Trudy's - S, C, N
Rockfish - RR, WC, S
Catfish Parlour - NW, S

RR = Round Rock; SC, NC, WC = South-Central, etc.

Please vote for the venues that you prefer.  Select as many as you like.  All these places are casual dress and relatively inexpensive, and most should be kid-friendly.  After a week or two I'll come up with a schedule for the next six months or so, based on the most popular restaurants.

Mods, please feel free to put a tack on this thread.

ETA - Whoops, only 5 choices allowed on a poll.  Either PM or email me your preferences to me (at) addlepated . net.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Job!!

Just let me know when and where.  I'll be there if I'm not a work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget Bone Daddys
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
[austin_mode]I thought there were enough soulless, corporate giants without Bone Daddy's.  Next I expect you'll recommend Starbucks!  Fascist!  Fascist![/austin_mode]

Honestly though, Bone Daddy's has mixed reviews on my pantheon of Austin restaurant information, the newgroup austin.food.  People say Rudy's is cheaper and better.  Being a San Antonio girl I can empathize with you - there is no decent BBQ down there, so y'all might think some place like Bone Daddy's is good.

Then again, could it possibly be the scantily-clad waitresses you prefer?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
but... Bone Daddy's has cute waitresses!!

Fuddruckers would be good... Not TOO expensive, and the food is GOOOOD.  The one over on Anderson would be nice... but the one up in Round Rock is nicer!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hula Hut is awesome, but getting in that place is near impossible.

As much as I like Buffet Palace, a buffet setting isn't conducive to chatting and the like.

I think Rudy's and Fuddruckers would work out well. You probably ought to narrow the list down some to make the choices easier. I think casual places with plenty of seating would work best. On the other hand, I'm not sure any of the places listed would like us shooting our guns there.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Well if anyone ever wants to get together to shoot, Our Matches are held at the Hill Country Rifle range. We put on an IDPA handgun match the 3rd Sunday of every month. We also put on a Carbine match every month. Septembers Carbine is on 09/14/03 then we are switching to the 4th Saturday of the month starting in October. This is so we can do our carbine and then come back and put on our Night/Lowlight matchs Saturday Night. It is very laid back with the focus on fun not competition. Hope to see y'all there!
Check our website for more info:
mywebpage.netscape.com/texastactical/tx.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, if we shoot at Hill Country Range, then, to me, Salt Lick isn't far out of the question.

I've thought about heading over there when we've finished a carbine match, but lately it's been so dang hot everyone just wants to go home.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Zmeja, I know what you mean. We only have one more August match though (3 Gun "Combat") in San Antonio. I have this mental thing...."if we can just get through August....if we can just get through August....if we can just get through August...."
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
MrsGloftoe?

Damn!  Who knew he liked girls?

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, Mike.  I keep saying that too.  I'm also looking forward to the night shoots, but won't be able to attend those until November.

I'll see ya this weekend at Blackhawk.  Finally, I get to use my new shotgun (since the last 3-gun was ruined from the dastardly dozer fiasco at Johnson City).

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
MrsGloftoe?

Damn!  Who knew he liked girls?

TRG

Why I oughta...
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Then again, could it possibly be the scantily-clad waitresses you prefer?

HEHE! I plead the 5th!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I personally,don't care.  I'll go with the majority. Give me a date and time and I'll be there.

BTW:  I've never been in Bonedaddy's.  Just how scantily clad are the waitresses?  Hooter's style or less?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I personally,don't care.  I'll go with the majority. Give me a date and time and I'll be there.

BTW:  I've never been in Bonedaddy's.  Just how scantily clad are the waitresses?  Hooter's style or less?

John,

They're cute, but not as scantily clad as the Hooter's girls.  Still, not bad to look at.  

As I think someone commented, their food isn't all that.  Had a pretty horrible steak there once...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Waco is Central TX and there's no Hooters here!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Madam,

I look forward to eating with the crew at any venue that is chosen though NW or RR would be great.
Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top