Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 1:43:48 PM EDT
Anyone here a Ford truck salesman, in the San Antonio area?  I'm refinancing the house right now, and as soon as we close, I promised the wife that I would buy here a new Expedition.  I desperately don't want to watch the five hour "dog and pony show" that I have to endure everytime that I buy a new vehicle.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you with an Expedition however the Pilot top of the line model is less expensive than the Expedition base model and offers far more features and more horsepower at significantly less money, not to mention far better fuel economy. There are a few trade offs, 8 passenger vs. the Ford's 9 and lower towing capacity but overall it's the winner.

I'd be happy to assist you with one of those and give you the best ar15.com price I could. I'm going to give forum members the best deal they will let me give based on the model.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
LD:  I appreciate the offer, but she has had her heart set on the Expedition for almost a year.  I don't want to even think about looking at something else, cause then I'd have to listen to her complain about it not being an Expedition.  Women don't care about towing capacity or any of that other stuff.  They get these fouled up ideas from their girlfriends.  Thanks again, and good luck over at Gillman.  That's a great dealership.   The Gillman Honda in San Antonio took really good care of my 70 year old mother.  They could have squeezed her for a whole lot more dollars than they did.  But they didn't take advantage of her, and didn't pressure her.  They just made some profit, and sold her an Accord for a whole lot less than sticker price.  Sounds like Gillman is a pretty fair company.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you do not mind a road trip, try Port Lavaca Ford.

After living in Houston most of my life I will NEVER buy a new vehicle from a big city dealer again. These folks will go out of thier way to satisfy a customer. I purchased my last F250SD from them, and several members of my family have also. The fact they do not treat you like a complete idiot, and have the sense to LISTEN to what you really want to buy, as opposed to what they happen to have on hand.

At least give them a call. Good luck!  

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Gillman is still a family owned operation. One of our sales managers is one of the Gillmans. They treat people fairly while still making profit for the dealership so it's a win-win situation. I understand fully about when they get their mind set on something, mine's that way also. If she hasn't seen a Pilot up close though it might be worth a look. It truly is a superior vehicle as long as you don't need the full truck towing capabilities. Good luck with whatever you end up getting.

Quoted:
Thanks again, and good luck over at Gillman.  That's a great dealership.   The Gillman Honda in San Antonio took really good care of my 70 year old mother.  They could have squeezed her for a whole lot more dollars than they did.  But they didn't take advantage of her, and didn't pressure her.  They just made some profit, and sold her an Accord for a whole lot less than sticker price.  Sounds like Gillman is a pretty fair company.

Top Top