Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 12:51:18 PM EDT

Hope it's ok to post this here...since it's a message for the people in the DFW, TX area... if not, sorry.

I am trying to sell a 1998 Ford Explorer (in Fort Worth) and the factory stereo (CD/tape/FM combo) just died on it. Ford wants $450 for a new one. I went to ebay where they regulary go for $150ish...bid on one...won it...and now the guy is saying the money order got "lost".... it will take 60 days to process the Postal Money Order trace and get my money back (providing it isn't cashed) but I would like to get a stereo into this thing and sell it asap...I'm not going to use ebay agian until I get my money back... (just a little wary I guess)....

Anyone in the DFW area have a 98-01 Ford that they've replaced the factory CD/Cassette in? Wanna sell me your factory stereo?

Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
try a junk yard
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the junk yard tango...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep that or go to some place like Car Toys. I think they are running a special right now with tuner,amp and speakers for cheap. They do good work or have for me anyway.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Junkyards are asking a killing on them.  And I don't want to put in an aftermarket stereo because it has a 6 disk changer in it that can only be controlled by the factory Ford stereo (so I'm told).

Thanks for the ideas though.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]
How much are you selling it for? and is it a 4x4?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
It is not a 4x4, and I haven't gotten to the price yet.  I need to look through the papers etc. and find out how much they are selling for.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top