Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Wayne,

I just sent an email as your IM box is full.

The New Mexico contingent of the Texas Crew is ready, willing and able to assist. We can take on any 'long-distance' types of assignments and will do Texas and AR15 proud.

Just let me know.

Matt

P.S. We (the New Mexico contingent) may have a former LEO, current NRA pistol instructor, Tactical Rifle instructor, Tactical Shotgun instructor, etc., available for classes during Gunstock.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing...can we have some kind of flyers ready for the show next weekend? Second thing, I worked for a lot of conventions and shows here and in other states. I have a lot of ideas for publicity and ad campaigns. And eric---I think your estimate of attendees is low......you guys already have Psyren and myself volunteered for Ro's. Contact me for web space or assistance with anything. Let us get this done.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gunstock/

I started working already......
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What am I going to do with these hyperactive people?

I have recommended Teams and assignments.
We can use your talents -you do have some,don't you? -in something else.

I guess I missed the list of teams and assignments.  

Mobile Photoshop lab, perhaps?

I can feed people.  If you are planning to run a base camp for the workers to feed and relax, let me know.

Want a concession stand?  My neighbor is a concession stand owner and knows operators far and wide.  If you want food vendors, let me know.  I will ask around and see if anyone is available in that area, that weekend.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Round Rock. I'm very willing for any voulunteer work.

Tom
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]

I can do whatever you need me to do before GunStock, during GunStock, and after GunStock.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Waco so I'll definitely go & bring a couple of people. Looking forward to it!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Help at the registration booth handing out wrist bands, tshirts and checking pre-reg admission.  

I can help you on this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For those folk wanting to help. Here's a list of what we need help with at the time the event takes place.

Help at the registration booth handing out wrist bands, tshirts and checking pre-reg admission. I will also need a few to handle cash. Unfortunately, that will not be just anyone. I will notify those folks that I will ask to help with that as the event grows near.

Range officers. Preferrably with either NRA RSO training, or military background. I already have about 12 people slated for this. I am looking for another 15 or so. RO's will be rotated on a 2hrs basis. That way you guys are not working the entire day.

Clean up crew and ground crew. We will probably use the staff, RO's and the volunteers for this duty. If we can have a crew that can police the area on an every 3-4hr basis, it will make the job easier. This crew will also help set up tents and tables for the vendors.

Since I'm already an RO, I guess that means I'll be RO and cleanup/ground crew..that's cool, but what can I do now to help?

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Clean up crew and ground crew. We will probably use the staff, RO's and the volunteers for this duty. If we can have a crew that can police the area on an every 3-4hr basis, it will make the job easier. This crew will also help set up tents and tables for the vendors.

I can help with this.  I have a vehicle that I will bring that can be used to help move people, ground crews, trashcans, etc.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]

From MOJO:
I can do whatever you need me to do before GunStock, during GunStock, and after GunStock.[/unquote]

Can you wax my car for me?

TXL
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Can any of you guys get a hold of Ted Nugent ?
We need him there. Someone can be in charge of that.
Talk amoungst yourselves.

The Nuge has a website with a forum as well as a chatroom. Unfortunately, I would not make a good representative.

Forum
Chat

Have to register to use the chat, apparently.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I can help with t-shirts, wrist bands, trash duty just point me where you want me ;o)

Ropes
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

From MOJO:
I can do whatever you need me to do before GunStock, during GunStock, and after GunStock.[/unquote]

TXL

Sure, Bill.  But a warning, after waxing, the original color won't be there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a military background (10 yrs) and I'm a certified IDPA Safety Officer. I'll pitch in there if asked as well as cleanup, etc.

Also, I'll be in Alvin, TX next weekend for the Texas State IDPA Championship. I can hand out flyers, etc if there are any available for me to take. I can also pass out flyers when I'm on vacation in Port Aransas in July ().

Let me know.

Sappers forward....Sappers IN!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ilikelegs and TRG who will be (If they accept) coordinating the lodging and food (vendors at the range,Sat catered BBQ,etc).

IF

???

I accepted before you even asked.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm willing to help to. Right now, I can contribute web space/design work, but it looks like that might already be covered.

I'm willing to do the odd jobs, registration, clean up, concessions, whatever. Working for myself, I have quite a bit of spare time with this downtrodden economy!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ilikelegs and TRG who will be (If they accept) coordinating the lodging and food (vendors at the range,Sat catered BBQ,etc).

IF

???

I accepted before you even asked.

TRG

Me too!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
mojo,

If you are willing to be in charge of transportation:
I would like you to recruit some people and design a transportation system the members can use, mainly between the airport and Waco .

You can coordinate efforts with ilikelegs and TRG who will be (If they accept) coordinating the lodging and food (vendors at the range,Sat catered BBQ,etc).

They will have a list of Hotels we had already contacted and signed contracts with.Mona,who will be working with them,will hopefully call all the hotels and make reservatios.we will eventually re-sign contracts (once the corporation is set)

I imagine several hotels have shuttles to and from the airport,so you could find out how many have one and what the charge is.

Maybe we can have members who live in DFW coordinate arrivals with a specific member who is flying in and can pick him up before driving himself to Waco.Or we could rent 3-4 vans and use them to shuttle people on arrival day and departure day.Those are just ideas to consider.

Well this is an appetizer of what we need.

Sure, sir.  No problem.  
 I, TRG, Legs will work together on this to make the transition easier for people from out-of-state.

Thanks Johnphin.  Stand by.  We'll let you know, OK?  The more help, the easier for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#27]

i've got it!!!!!  i can help with cleanup.  i'll drink all the leftover beer

waco wouldnt be all that horrible of a drive to me, maybe PowerSlave and a few other south texas boys could all ride up, i can fit a couple people in the ol crew cab.

some questions i would have are...........
how much?
hotels abundant enough to hold us all?
will there be ample beer?
what all activities exactly are being planned?
will ammo be sold up there or should i bring my trailer too?
parking?

well, nevermind, i have too many questions, yall just put it together and i'll try like hell to be an attendee as well as bring others with me
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

i've got it!!!!!  i can help with cleanup.  i'll drink all the leftover beer

waco wouldnt be all that horrible of a drive to me, maybe PowerSlave and a few other south texas boys could all ride up, i can fit a couple people in the ol crew cab.

TexRdNec:  The more you and others can help, the better for all of us.

some questions i would have are...........
how much?
hotels abundant enough to hold us all?

There are hotels around the areas.  The earlier you book, the closer you're to the range.

what all activities exactly are being planned?
will ammo be sold up there or should i bring my trailer too?
parking?
 Bring your trailer would be the best, IMO.  There are supposedly plenty of parking spaces, and camping as far as I know.
 Bring the ammo, if you plan to shoot a lot.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
ooooooooooooooooooh, in that case, i wonder how much it is to rent a motor home?  now that would just kick ass...................
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I was hoping Gunstock was still going to be happenin. It sounded to good to drop.

During, I can work registration, or whatever needs doing. Beforehand, I don't know what I'm good at that would help, but I'll do what I can.

We'll definitely have to all get together pretty soon, once some of the detailed planning is in place and ready for open discussion. Then we can talk it up and see who can do what.

I nominate The Red Goat to set up a foodstand with barbecued innards. All these out-of-towners probably never had roasted kidneys and lungs like TRG cooks em.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I have not had sufficient time to review this entire thread, but send me details on what I can do.

I'll be there at whatever date it is set at.

Just let me know what needs to be done, and I WILL BE THERE!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I live in Round Rock, I will be there and will help with what I can, just let me know.

Also, let me know when there are more details on the event so I can pass them out to some folks I know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Ya'll call me and we can talk about things I can do.  I'm on the list.  Or you can Im me for the #s if you cant find them.  Sunday i'll be at church untill noon, and monday at the airport all day.  call the cell or house # during daylight hours.  :)

I can not wait!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I nominate The Red Goat to set up a foodstand with barbecued innards. All these out-of-towners probably never had roasted kidneys and lungs like TRG cooks em.

Mmmmm-yum!  Tastes like chicken!

TRG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ya'll call me and we can talk about things I can do.  I'm on the list.  Or you can Im me for the #s if you cant find them.  Sunday i'll be at church untill noon, and monday at the airport all day.  call the cell or house # during daylight hours.  :)

I can not wait!

You are the Snipe Hunting Guide.  

TRG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
For those folk wanting to help. Here's a list of what we need help with at the time the event takes place.

I don't mind being part of the ground/clean-up crew.  

edited:  TRG, if you need help cooking or serving, I can do that too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can not wait!

You are the Snipe Hunting Guide.  

TRG

ROFL
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll have a digital file ready for us to print flyers.
We can hand them out at the shows.
Bung, if I send it to you can you print them ?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Catering folks:

The restaurant that Newman had contacted and that had agreed to provide a hot meal for the right price in the right amounts was:

Uncle Dan's Rib House 1001 Lake Air Dr. (254)772-3532

Someone check with that company and see if they can remember the numbers that we were given.

Eric The(About$7.00Perhead???)Hun

I'll call them.  Concessions and Catering are under my control.  If Uncle Dan's is unwilling or unable to cater, I have a personal friend that caters, I will contact him after that.  Several other caterers that I have worked with that I can call as well.

Catered BBQ is a done deal.  Just let me make some calls.  (7pm on Sunday evening, right now)  I'll get the phones ringing tomorrow.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
What happened to the gunstock T-shirt design?

Also, I was thinking: will we need "AR15.COM STAFF" T-shirts (i.e. yellow shirt with huge black lettering across the front and the back) for easy identification of crew members who are working the event?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mind being part of the ground/clean-up crew.  

edited:  TRG, if you need help cooking or serving, I can do that too.

I could use you on the ground crew.  Cleanup and Grounds are an open area.  Put your name down in that category, and the others as well that would like to volunteer.

Boy Scout theory on the cleanup procedures.  Everybody polices the ground at all times.  This will cut down on the work needed at the end.  

A few good examples will make everyone happy to pick up thier own trash.  I will bring a tractor and a trailer that can be used to colorfully remove trash bags, move cleanup crews, etc.

Since it is my tractor, I get to be the Boss of the Ground Crew.  

I will contact ProTac and see what kind of trash containers that they already have.  This will simplify logostics of trash bags, cans, etc.

Concession and Clean Up go hand in hand.  I'll cover them.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

From MOJO:

TXL

Sheeeeiitttt, just give me those keys, a full tank of gas, and 24 hours.....Of course, there just might not be much paint left to wax when I'm done and out of the body cast.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#44]
What ever happened to David (North556)???
Doesn't he have a t-shirt shop?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
What ever happened to David (North556)???
Doesn't he have a t-shirt shop?

Yeah-- I tried to get him to give me a price on some shirts before, but he never really replied... If I see him again I will try and remember to ask him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
 I'm right here....tell me what I can do ETH and/or EdAvilaSr.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top