Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2021 8:26:16 PM EDT
I will be there for a few days next week. I have a 2 and 6 yr old. Anything we should see or do? I'm hoping to see the WWI museum. We are also hitting up Lego Land and the aquarium.   How is the BBQ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
BBQ, you are going to get a whole bunch of answers

For the areas you mentioned, joes KC and SLAPS would be high on my list.  Jack Stack if you want a nice sit down meal/place

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Union station has a science area that can be fun for the kids and it is a couple blocks away from LEGO land.

If you get on I-70 and go west 10 ish miles, there is the legends.  They have a Dave and busters, some kid themed  restaurants, nascar track and a large cabelas
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Steamboat Arabia museum.

Steamboat Arabia

The Jesse James farmstead is just a few miles north of KC in Kearney.  Jesse James is buried in Kearney in the cemetery just east of the highway.

Jesse James farmstead
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Joe’s BBQ. Go to the original one in the gas station for the authentic experience.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard about that one. Not sure if I'll have time, but will try.  My best laid plans have been continuously foiled by my children.  That being said, the children's museum was pretty good. Worth the price. I think it was around $60 for the 4 of us.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are at Union Station there is a plaque about the Kansas City Massacre in 1933.  Not for kids, just mentioning it.

A native American statue "The scout" is in Penn valley park with a view of the city.  Sea Life aquarium, but I've never been.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top