Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 5:33:09 PM EDT
I have been doing my home work for awhile looking for flood ,auto, wind, hail and home owners insurance. Can i get some insight as to what the hell am I looking at? The home is $500,000 and is  3150 square ft. Im looking for an umbrella policy to cover everything $ 1 mil. Whats with the variation in prices ranging from $2,500 for Travelers and $5,000 for Allstate? I have done a side by side comparison and the policies look the same

Just give me some wisdom with the insurance question.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Coverage is expensive in that area due to hurricanes.  Check flood requirements as well.  Verify which covers from rising water and which covers from heavy rain water. Also verify who is responsible for getting a contractor in ASAP to tarp/waterproof after a storm.  Wife’s uncle got into a pissing match from back to back hurricanes in one week in FL years ago.  Second storm came in and house was open to the elements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top