Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a torrential downpour here this past Thursday night that lasted all of 6 minutes.

Saturday evening's strong T-storms skirted just to the North so not a drop.

Maybe a T-shower later today.

Looking at the radar it's the usual: KY, WV, VA, MD, DE, OH are all getting lots of rain/storms and GA/SC/and most of NC are clear. Is this the jet stream causing this? Or is this just a large season high pressure system in the gulf that gives our Northern neighbors all the rain?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to North MB last week.  Saturday morning they got 6” of rain in 2 hours.  NC town across boarder got 9” in 2 hours.  The place was flooded bad.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Friday, Aug 5, 2022 @ 3:17pm:

Rain/storms pretty much everywhere except most of SC.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ugh….I got a quote today for irrigation in the yard.  Not sure if I’m getting the “looks like you can afford it” price or what.  But new pump to get water out of the lake and all grass from waters edge to the street is $14k.  I might have to keep dragging the hose around the yard.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
We live in the dry hole of Lexington County. Storms will come at us or pop up nearby, and drench surrounding areas. And, we get nothing or a light sprinkle. We can sit and listen to thunder and lightning in the distance but the rain never gets here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I was sure that it was going to rain yesterday. Humidity and dew points were quite high and cumulus towers started popping up early in the morning. A significant line of storms approached from the Southeast (unusual) but fizzled just South of here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I was sure it wouldn't rain, so I washed my car.  We had a big thunderstorm that dumped a ton of rain in Blythewood.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#8]
No rain in the forecast until Sunday night and even then it's just a chance of a light shower. Getting dry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No rain in the forecast until Sunday night and even then it's just a chance of a light shower. Getting dry.
View Quote

Sure is. The downside to a big storm impacting the northern gulf is that we would get tremendously beneficial rainfall.

Ironic.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Got 1/4” from Ian but that’s it. Still a drought. Cows are hungry.

I think I’ve not had hay out for 6 weeks all year. Cattle is becoming unprofitable.

Food plots aren’t even growing for deer hunting. This is crazy. My pond is 100% completely dry. It’s not even mucky.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top