Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2018 9:15:06 AM EDT
Long story short I did 9 years as a Marine Corps reservist got out 2 months ago and then joined the Florida national guard as a 88m. I haven't even been to my first drill yet because my new unit was activated for the hurricane. Now I have a opportunity to take a huge promotion at my civilian job and would relocate to Columbia. Not really getting any help from my current unit at far as state to state transfers, understandably because I'm untrained and haven't even met them yet. Question is are there any transportation units in the area? I would like to be able to keep my rank E5 but it's not a must at this point.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the Saluda county unit is a transportation unit, but that's at least a 45 minute drive from Columbia, SC.
Call 803 299 1600 at the HQ and ask them which units in the midlands are transportation units.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
There aren’t a whole lot of trans units in the state. A lot of FSCs and a shitty MEB BSB I was stuck in for 4 years though lol. Most support units have 88m slots though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
seems everyones a mp around here
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the Saluda county unit is a transportation unit, but that's at least a 45 minute drive from Columbia, SC.
Call 803 299 1600 at the HQ and ask them which units in the midlands are transportation units.
View Quote
Saluda is Engineering.  My son is in that unit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top