Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 4:07:56 PM EDT
I was under the impression that the firearms safety course was required before taking the exams for the PAL. However, a few sources have indicated that this is not a requirement. Looking for some help with a few questions.

Q1: Do I need to complete the course for either the non-restricted and/or restricted PAL?

Q2: Where can I take the exams in the Okanagan area (Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton)?

I will be completing the Permanent Resident process and moving in the summer. I'm looking for this information so that I can bring my guns with me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There are 2 separate courses, non restricted and restricted and 2 separate tests, non restricted and restricted.

Last time I looked you could challenge both tests without taking the courses. Word is that this will be changing and you must take both courses. If or when this happens I do not know.

Cant help you with any info for B.C.

There may be some pertinent info in the link.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/safe_sur/cour-eng.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top