Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2021 7:11:42 PM EDT
I'm fleeing VA due to the leftist takeover and I don't want it to happen again.  I like Nh for a variety of reasons and I want this to work out, but also don't want to get overrun by commies again.

Also, if one were looking for a small town within reasonable driving distance to Burlington MA, are there any suggestions?  I'm looking at New Ipswich currently.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm fleeing VA due to the leftist takeover and I don't want it to happen again.  I like Nh for a variety of reasons and I want this to work out, but also don't want to get overrun by commies again.

Also, if one were looking for a small town within reasonable driving distance to Burlington MA, are there any suggestions?  I'm looking at New Ipswich currently.
View Quote

What's "reasonable" to you?   I work near Burlington and have a similar commute.   You can PM me for details if you'd like.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
60/90 minutes, we only have to travel there once a month.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several customers in Burlington and it takes about 50 minutes for me but I’m on the 93 side. Not a bad drive it is still recommend you avoid MA all together if possible.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m new to NH, having moved from IL.  While I’ve met quite a few people who moved here from MA, most came here because of what MA has become and embrace NH’s traditional values. Most of the assholes I’ve met have been weekend tourist types. I think NH will survive for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several customers in Burlington and it takes about 50 minutes for me but I'm on the 93 side. Not a bad drive it is still recommend you avoid MA all together if possible.
View Quote
Believe me, I'd love to but my wife needs specialized care and the doctor she's going to need to see is in Burlington but as I said we shouldn't have to travel there more than once every three weeks
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are only going once every few weeks that's a pretty easy drive. Frankly, anywhere in New Hampshire is a reasonable drive to Burlington if it's only once or twice a month.  I used to work in Burlington and lived two hours away in NH at the time and it was still worth it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

New Hampshire has some very pro gun laws and a strong culture.  But its in the northeast so anything is possible.  2 more pro gun voters can help.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag for interest.

I’m in the same boat Op.

Working on my better half to move.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Well some lefties are trying to get rid of the "Live Free or die" motto

To them I say Up yours move if it triggers you..

Just another crumbling thing like the ole man. Rip..

We NH folk need to make sure we are the Loud Majority.  Get out there and tell your representatives  you are tired of the lefty agenda.  Let them know you will do everything you can to vote them out if they keep pushing it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly I don't think any state is truly safe, especially now that a much larger percentage of people can work remotely and live anywhere. We'll be fighting back against the dimocrats until we croak. I would not have predicted that VT would end up with magazine limits but they did.

I'm close New Ipswich and commute to near Burlington, MA 2 or 3 days most weeks. It gets old sometimes but it's not too bad. Definitely worth not living in MA. Changing my schedule to 0530-1400 helped. If you're only going in once per month or so it's no big deal. New Ipswich is known for being a conservative area. It is a nice area. Welcome. We need more pro-freedom votes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well some lefties are trying to get rid of the "Live Free or die" motto

To them I say Up yours move if it triggers you..

Snip

View Quote

They really are afraid of what freedom brings. They shout down anything remotely resembling individuality and personal responsibility.

Quoted:

Honestly I don't think any state is truly safe, especially now that a much larger percentage of people can work from home. We'll be fighting back against the dimocrats until we croak. I would not have predicted that VT would end up with magazine limits but they did..
View Quote

No place is safe, but shoring up what’s left with overwhelmingly like minded people and getting involved in local and state politics is what is going to save some states.

Time will tell I guess… we shall see next go round with elections what direction the country and certain states are headed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top