Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2022 10:24:50 PM EDT
Is the Pepperblaster legal in MA?  Its OC but it uses some kind of explosive force to push out the OC.  I'm not a huge fan of pepper spray because its very wind driven. I'd like to give it to my daughter that just moved to Boston.
https://www.kimberamerica.com/pepper-blaster
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not, as it uses a 209 shotgun primer for propulsion.  There is the added drawback that it looks like a pistol, and that it only contains two shots.

A good pepper foam would offer more utility, not scream 'gun', likely offer better range, likely include UV or visible dye, and is known not to be restricted in Mass any longer.

Sorry that I don't have a definitive answer to your question.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Daughter is attending college in Boston, make sure to read the school's rules FIRST. Some schools allow it and others will expel a student and prosecute as a felony (C. 269 S. 10 "other weapons") successfully. A good friend retired as the prosecutor at Boston College and told me that he prosecuted (successfully) a number of students for having OC on campus. This was a while ago and I have no idea what their current policies are.

Also, Mass law only allows possession of OC without any license required if the person is at least 18 years old.

I also don't recommend the pepperblaster, use conventional spray cans of OC only (with a safety to prevent accidental discharge).

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and conventional OC sprays have trainer [inert contents] units available so that one may practice, without contaminating one's home / yard.

The pepperblaster has very good marketing.  There are more practical options.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top