Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2020 5:17:08 PM EDT
I have a person wanting to buy a browning semiauto 22 short rifle from me. It holds 16 rounds.

I am not ffl.
Are people in Mass allowed to buy this rifle? I have never sold anything to Mass.
i know i would have to send too ffl.

Any Mass FFL holders here to educate me real quick? Thanks

I also asked in ffl forum before i thought about hometown forum.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know the age of the rifle? Depending on the magazine type and age it could be good to go. If it’s a standard detachable magazine it need to be pre 9/13/94 to be exempt.

If it’s tube fed then I believe it’s good to go. Tube fed .22 I believe we’re exempted. I’ll double check.

If it like the video I just watched then that thing is badass and I want one.

Be aware that our governor has shut down gun retailers and ranges, manufacturers can remain open. Make sure the FFL you send it to is available to receive it.

@LenS
@djsmiles
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It is tube fed, loaded thru the stock. Produced in 2016.

Edit- the govs shut down explains some of the messages from the buyer i thought were weird
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not 100% sure on tube fed rifles.  I am thinking that due to the +10 capacity, its a no-go.  But I could be wrong.  This is definitely a @LenS question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not 100% sure on tube fed rifles.  I am thinking that due to the +10 capacity, its a no-go.  But I could be wrong.  This is definitely a @LenS question.
Thanks for the ping!

MA followed the Clinton AWB/mag restrictions and both have a carve-out only for .22 tube-fed rifles in those laws.

This is found under MGL C. 140 S. 121 (Definitions) of a "large capacity feeding device".
https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

"Large capacity feeding device",
(i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or
(ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term "large capacity feeding device" shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber ammunition.

Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are great!

Thanks all of you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top