Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 4:46:25 PM EDT
Question:  If I sell a handgun via gunbroker to someone out of state does it need to be shipped to their FFL from a NJ FFL or can it be shipped by me to their FFL directly?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
pistols need FFL. Rifles do not.
Or use shipmygun.com thru BUDS gun shop.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Legally, you can ship directly to the FFL.  It is up to the FFL whether or not they will accept the shipment from a non-licensee (best to call and confirm).  It is also possible that either UPS or FedEx (your only two choices for shipping it yourself) will give you a hassle about it.  They should not have an issue, as it is going to an FFL, but sometimes people get turned away by them.  It should go without saying, but you need to ship it via the actual hub - not a local store that's just flying either the FedEx or UPS banner.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Use Buds Ship my gun, they provide a letter from UPS that you can show to the local UPS depot if they give you a hard time about shipping, plus it's cheaper than doing it yourself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top