Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2021 9:03:49 PM EDT
Moving from SoCal to NJ — probably Jersey City — for unavoidable career reasons.
The good part? Wife is a Jersey girl and her family is local.
The bad part? The guns laws are just as crappy as CA's.
Never lived on the East Coast but looking to make a go of it.
AR question: In all the photo threads I find of NJ guns, I rarely, if ever, see anyone using MonsterMan/fin grips to avoid a banned part. Is this just the majority or is there something I'm not understanding in NJ law in regard to grips?
Greetings and, yes, I'll keep searching for the magic post/thread that helps me see the light.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That Monster grip looks uncomfortable.

We all use pistol grips. No flashider, brake OK, and no bayonet lug. Pinned collapsible stock is good to go.

Moving to the Waterfront in JC?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
NJ is a BIG step up from CA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used one for 13 years and am fine with it so long as legal.
Would rather leave my rifles be then have to pin the brakes on 7 uppers.
But I'll probably end up building an "NJ Edition" upper and buy a pistol grip just because.
I only use fixed stocks, so no worries on pinning those either.
We're looking at various property options — not sure exactly where yet but trying to avoid lengthy commute times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NJ is a BIG step up from CA.
View Quote

Visited quite a few times and agree for many reasons.
All CA has is the nice weather.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Some parts of NJ firearms law are better (no restricted list for handguns, no BG checks on ammo, can still order ammo online).

Some are worse (no chance to get a carry license).

Welcome, please ask away with any specific questions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some parts of NJ firearms law are better (no restricted list for handguns, no BG checks on ammo, can still order ammo online).
Some are worse (no chance to get a carry license).
Welcome, please ask away with any specific questions.
View Quote

Much appreciated.
I've been living in LA county for 30 years, so I've literally never had a chance at a CCW here, either.
The new ammo purchase restrictions here have been of limited impact on me as I reload most of own, but, yes, awful.
Looking forward to leaving the CA handgun roster in the dust.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So a fixed thumbhole stock like the Hera is a "featureless" replacement for an evil pistol grip?

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So a fixed thumbhole stock like the Hera is a "featureless" replacement for an evil pistol grip?

View Quote

Yes that works but you can have regular grips.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top