Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 7:33:08 PM EDT
My theory is the he did it because the wait was going to pass three days.  I beleive that after three days with no response you are entitled to collect your weapon?  Correct me if im wrong here.  

He didnt want guns going out of the shops without background checks.  Even though you get one with the fiod card and/or pistol permit.  

What are you guys hearing?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
NCIC is the national criminal database, and while part of a NICS (national instant criminal background check system) check is querying the NCIC database, there's more that goes into it.  At any rate...

Since NJ is their own POC (point of contact) for NICS checks, and not the FBI, there is no such thing as the three-day loophole.  State law just says no transfer can occur until the background check is complete.  Back in 2008, it was commonplace to wait days, or even a week, to clear NICS.

No, NICS was shut down because it was considered non-essential, and since gun stores were going to be forced closed anyway, there wasn't a need to keep staff in the office to process background checks.  Besides, Murphy hates guns, hates gun owners, so fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast Foward to 1:01 time frame

He is called out on it by Alexander  Robian of the NJ 2nd Society.

Look at Murphy's  body language.

NJ Gov. Murphy Updates on Coronavirus
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is called out on it by Alexander  Robian of the NJ 2nd Society.
View Quote

Let me summarize

Murphy: "Tough shit.  Fuck off."

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top