Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2020 10:02:19 AM EDT
Hi Guys.

RBAD's Wife Again...  

(But NOT with a gun tip this time....)

My background is in the fields of microbiology / molecular genetics / organic and bio chemistry.

Other than to give my opinion that this Chinese Coronavirus is most likely an "engineered" or
laboratory created organism ,
I would like to share a tip that I learned quite a few years ago.

If you have run out of disinfectant and no longer have an effective way to disinfect hard surfaces
or disinfect drinking water of microorganisms, you might still have a way to accomplish these tasks.

You might still be in luck IF you or someone you know has a swimmng pool and has the commonly
used "POOL SHOCK" products!   The most commonly used product for use as a pool "shock" product is the
chemical calcium hypochlorite.  It comes as a powder, granules, tablets or liquid.  The ideal
form to use for this purpose is the powdered or granulated form and the ideal "Available Chlorine"
ideally should be 78%.  In this concentration, one pound of the granules or powder will be enough
to create approximately 120 gallons of "bleach".   It will also be able to disinfect drinking water and
will be able to disinfect up to 11,500 gallons.

Liquid chlorine "Bleach"  (example: Clorox Brand) at 6% has an effective shelf life of approximately 3-6 months.
It does not become unstable or dangerous to use, yet it does lose strength and will also lose the ability
to kill microorganisms.   The benefits to using the "dry" form of this chemical, in the form of calcium
hypochlorite are the extended shelf life in the dry state and the reduction in overall weight. (each gallon bottle
of liquid Clorox chlorine --- they use SODIUM hypochlorite in their product --- weighs up 8-10 lbs!)

This can be used for laundering clothes and, more importantly for the times in which we are currently living,
it may be used as a hard surface disinfectant that acts as an extremely effective biocide and virucide and will
readily kil most pathgens, including bacteria, biofilms, virii -- INCLUDING THE CHINESE CORONAVIRUS
(Phoney WHO Name  = COVID19) and many other undesireable microbes/pathogens.

********************************************************************************************
I will come back later and add the appropriate dilution formulas for the various strengths of "bleach"
that are commonly created -- "surface disinfection strength /  "laundry strength" / "water disinfection strength".
********************************************************************************************

DANGER:

Calcium Hypochlorite is EXTREMELY REACTIVE and dangerous in it's initially purchased concentration.
PLEASE STORE THIS IN A COOL / DRY / SAFE PLACE.  IT SHOULD NOT BE STORED INDOORS OR
IN ANY LIVING AREA OF A HOME OR STRUCTURE.   AN IDEAL INEXPENSIVE STORAGE CONTAINER
ironically enough, is the typical green colored "ammo box" that I usually see in gun stores and in
sporting goods stores.    

ALL APPROPRIATE PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT MUST BE WORN
WHEN HANDLING AND IN CONTACT WITH THIS DANGEROUS CHEMICAL !!

**  THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO SUSTAIN AN INJURY -- USE CAUTION AT ALL TIMES **

God Bless You and Your Families at this time in our existence.

Mrs. RoBAD
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank You Mrs. RBAD,

I have been using PineSol for surface cleaning since the hoarding began, my mother used this stuff back in the 60's, and I love the scent.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of bleach at my local Dollar Store here. Even had Baby Wipes but limited to 3 per person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top