Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2017 8:07:56 PM EDT
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now, it's New Hampshire.  It's still recognized in PA.  No training class.  $100 for 4 years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right now, it's New Hampshire.  It's still recognized in PA.  No training class.  $100 for 4 years.
View Quote

It's actually 5 years now
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - How do you get around the requirement to either show a valid CHL from your home state or the letter from LE as a NJ resident?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks - How do you get around the requirement to either show a valid CHL from your home state or the letter from LE as a NJ resident?
View Quote

It's not a requirement anymore - it's just that they haven't updated their application form to reflect their recent (9 months ago) court ruling that a home state permit is no longer required.

Question for the masses:  has anyone obtained a NH permit without providing a NJ FID?  I know we have guys here who got them by providing NJ FID + other state NR permits (myself included), and I know at least one person reported receiving a NH permit by only supplying a NJ FID.  They should issue without any of those documents - just wondering if anyone can confirm that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not a requirement anymore - it's just that they haven't updated their application form to reflect their recent (9 months ago) court ruling that a home state permit is no longer required.

Question for the masses:  has anyone obtained a NH permit without providing a NJ FID?  I know we have guys here who got them by providing NJ FID + other state NR permits (myself included), and I know at least one person reported receiving a NH permit by only supplying a NJ FID.  They should issue without any of those documents - just wondering if anyone can confirm that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was still in NJ when I applied and they approved mine without it. I didn't include my FID or any other CCW permits.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I also got my NH license without giving them my NJ FID but mine is only good for 4 years.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been on the fence on this. What needs to be filled out for it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been on the fence on this. What needs to be filled out for it?
View Quote

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/dssp260.pdf
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I also got my NH license without giving them my NJ FID but mine is only good for 4 years.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/93999/SAM-1406-166197.JPG
View Quote

The change to 5 year permits was part of the NH constitutional carry bill that just passed in February
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#10]
That's it? Just fill that out and send it in with payment? No other documents need to be provided other than three references? There's no catch?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's it? Just fill that out and send it in with payment? No other documents need to be provided other than three references? There's no catch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yup, that's it. They don't even contact the references.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Do the references need to be NH residents or NJ is OK. ?

I think i will do this.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Not specified...  I used one NJ resident, one PA resident.  No problems.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do the references need to be NH residents or NJ is OK. ?

I think i will do this.

thanks
View Quote
Doesn't matter.

They did not even contact any of my references.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
So what reason did you put on  it for wanting the carry?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So what reason did you put on  it for wanting the carry?
View Quote
Per the instructions on the back/page 2 of the application:

"ALL PROPER PURPOSES"
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been fighting Florida since Dec. when i sent in my renewal, i can't even go into the cluster f--k that they
put me through...As of today they said they are processing it...
Meanwhile i sent in my NH application 10 days ago and i received my license today, now that the way it should me done...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I still haven't filled out the paperwork. NH finally updated the paperwork so the request for additional documents is no longer on there.

Part of me is scared that it'll be denied because it's NJ. I know you guys will tell me I'm wrong in my thinking. It is nice to see that some of you have done it and received your cards.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I still haven't filled out the paperwork. NH finally updated the paperwork so the request for additional documents is no longer on there.

Part of me is scared that it'll be denied because it's NJ. I know you guys will tell me I'm wrong in my thinking. It is nice to see that some of you have done it and received your cards.
View Quote
I don't understand why you think you will be denied, i told 2 other friends that i did it, and they did it the next day and received the permit already...
I, and my friends live in NJ...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I have Family in PA and we do travel the State, my Nephew is the only one who carries, & I can't back him up because the former bitch AG of PA
killed the reciprocity agreements of Non-Resident Permit Holders with Florida, Virginia and Utah which I still currently have. I just don't know why the current PA AG had not changed back

Much Appreciated
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't understand why you think you will be denied, i told 2 other friends that i did it, and they did it the next day and received the permit already...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I'm cynical and highly skeptical of anything and everything when it comes to my limited rights in NJ. This is why no one in the HTFs likes to talk to me anymore because I'm an asshole when it comes to anything NJ related. I'm trying to be a bit more positive but it's hard because I find it difficult to trust in anything.

I'll probably do it in a few weeks because I've got too much other stuff going on right now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holy Sheit, did you get skinnier????
View Quote
Nah! Just an optical illusion courtesy of New Hampshire
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Because I'm cynical and highly skeptical of anything and everything when it comes to my limited rights in NJ. This is why no one in the HTFs likes to talk to me anymore because I'm an asshole when it comes to anything NJ related. I'm trying to be a bit more positive but it's hard because I find it difficult to trust in anything.

I'll probably do it in a few weeks because I've got too much other stuff going on right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be so hard on yourself, cynicism is a normal characteristic of an NJ Resident, it will go away once you move to another State.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't be so hard on yourself, cynicism is a normal characteristic of an NJ Resident, it will go away once you move to another State.
View Quote
As of this Friday, 45 more paychecks.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#26]
As of two weeks ago I moved into my new house, took four months to close on it; unfortunately I'm still in NJ because my Tennessee plans fell through thanks to my employer. Looks like we'll be here in Jersey for another 5 years at the minimum. I'm finally going to apply for the NH permit.

Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#28]
TT---congrats on the new house. sorry to hear you didn't escape though. you still local to the area?

does anyone know if you need to be a current member of cherry ridge to take the NH course? my membership recently lapsed due to needing to pay other more important shit, like my mortgage
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
does anyone know if you need to be a current member of cherry ridge to take the NH course? my membership recently lapsed due to needing to pay other more important shit, like my mortgage
View Quote
What NH course?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
TT---congrats on the new house. sorry to hear you didn't escape though. you still local to the area?

View Quote
Thanks. Yes, we're still local; we moved up to Montague. We bought a fully renovated condo stupid cheap in the country club; it's not what we wanted but being homeless was a far worse option. We got kicked out of the house we were renting after we told the landlord we were planning on moving. So far we like it here, it's really quiet and all the neighbors seem to be pretty nice In fact we just went half in to have mine and my neighbor's driveways paved in a package deal. But I digress...

What is this NH course you speak of? The application for the CCW permit doesn't say anything about needing to take a course. Also, Cherry Ridge changed their rules where you can still renew your membership a year after if lapses before having to go back to redo the orientation.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#31]
ahhhh.... i think it may be a class, not a course.

more of a meeting to sign some papers, fill out some forms, and hand someone a check. a few friends went a couple of months back, but i couldn't make it
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ahhhh.... i think it may be a class, not a course.

more of a meeting to sign some papers, fill out some forms, and hand someone a check. a few friends went a couple of months back, but i couldn't make it
View Quote
Completely unnecessary.  Download form from website.  Print form.  Fill out form.  Mail to NH along with check for $100.  Wait 4-6 weeks.  Receive permit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#33]
that sounds even better. i'll give it a shot.

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
that sounds even better. i'll give it a shot.

thanks.
View Quote
Several of us here have done it, without issue.  Include a photocopy of your FID card.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone include your social security number? It says that it's optional and I really don't like giving it out if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I only gave them the last 4 digits of my social. 
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Mailed mine 12-23-17 and got my permit 1-4-18. Not bad
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I still have not filed for mine yet been too busy after moving and money has been a bit tight. What with Murphy coming in in a week or so I doubt I'll get to send the paperwork in and get it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What with Murphy coming in in a week or so I doubt I'll get to send the paperwork in and get it.
View Quote
What does one have to do with the other?
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What with Murphy coming in in a week or so I doubt I'll get to send the paperwork in and get it.
Murphy is a commie piece of shit who will probably ban gun ownership.

But then again...I'm just being a cynical ass again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, I missed this thread when I posted mine.  :/

Can we merge them ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Turn around time for me was 14 days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I mailed mine out on 1/11 and just got it back today 1/22.  I know people have been asking about including a copy of their drivers license and NJ FID.  I did not include either with my application and had no issues.  I also left the SSN field blank.

The only potential problem I did notice is my issue date is listed as 1/17/2201
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#46]
OK, I'm finally doing this. Do I need to send a copy of my FPID and DL? The forms don't say that I need to but would it help? Oh, does anyone know if they contacted your references?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
OK, I'm finally doing this. Do I need to send a copy of my FPID and DL? The forms don't say that I need to but would it help? Oh, does anyone know if they contacted your references?
View Quote
You don't need to send anything but the completed form and payment. They did not contact my references.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You don't need to send anything but the completed form and payment. They did not contact my references.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you. I admit to being a bit nervous about this. Don't ask me why I just am.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top