Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2020 8:30:06 PM EDT
May many more countries follow your lead.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradleyswine] [#1]
Congratulations!!!!  I hope that we get a free trade agreement with you.  I mean absolutely no tariffs. Nada!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I think one or two are wanting to.

The French are still revolting, police bashing firemen in riots this week, public opinion there is moving further away from the eu, and I hear a couple of others are moving further right and away from centralisation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
HERE! HERE!

Boris Johnson's Brexit Address to the Nation | This is not an end, but a beginning

...never, NEVER will be SLAVES!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BeNotAfraid] [#4]

One of the 1st to be advised of UK SOVEREIGNTY are French fishermen.

Britain to France: "Leave me fish be!"

French Fishermen Barred From UK's Waters
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Think its the start of something good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Think its the start of something good.
View Quote
YES!

At Winchester Cathedral, King Egbert has been heard to say happily:
"Well-done, chaps! Good to see no one rules my people from Strasbourg anymore with their most foul rules, regs, and commands. Carry on!"

EGBERT 827 – 839
Egbert (Ecgherht) was the first monarch to establish a stable and extensive rule over all of Anglo-Saxon England. After returning from exile at the court of Charlemagne in 802, he regained his kingdom of Wessex. Following his conquest of Mercia in 827, he controlled all of England south of the Humber. After further victories in Northumberland and North Wales, he is recognised by the title Bretwalda (Anglo-Saxon, “ruler of the British”). A year before he died aged almost 70, he defeated a combined force of Danes and Cornish at Hingston Down in Cornwall. He is buried at Winchester in Hampshire.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Any interesting thoughts or facts we're probably not hearing about in the US?

I've been thinking about what's come of this decision recently and was curious if we had anyone here willing to talk about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Brexit has been overshadowed by CV19, imports from Europe are still coming but the delays in many products could be Brexit and/or covid.

Some are complaining that they now have to pay sales tax in the UK on eu imports, but they don't realise the EU seller should remove the EU tax on the goods first, if not it is not the issue of Brexit but the greedy europeans trying to get us to pay extra.

The new administration in the White House is causing more issues when it comes to gun parts, it is very difficult to get AR uppers and many other parts out now, some change in export licensing regulations I believe.
The hoarding of ammo in the States appears to be happening again, many distributors here are saying much of the ammo produced is going Stateside and selling for a premium so supplies here are lower than normal.

Is everyone there shooting more? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#9]
I spent a lot of 2021 working with a British expat who has lived in Virginia for the past 15 years.

We got to discussing Brexit and his opinion of it was negative, that Brexit was nothing more than a symptom of the resurgence of nationalism in Britain. I asked him, "so what's wrong with nationalism" and he seemed shocked that I would even ask that question. To him British politicians should be more interested in the success of the EU than the success of Britain itself.

Why shouldn't the UK put themselves first when the EU has proven to be nothing but a scheme to funnel political control to Brussels and has weakened the UK politically and militarily? Why should the UK trust Germany to wield increasingly lopsided political and financial power in the EU given their track record in the 20th century? No good answer.

I told him that I was a big fan of Nigel Farage and Tommy Robinson... That didn't go over well either haha.

His opinion of Winston Churchill was that he was a racist, a braggart and a blowhard.

We pretty much agreed to leave politics off the table at that point.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger66] [#10]
Mancat, Tommy Robson or by his real name  Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, Is just a racist cunt preying on the weak minded don't waste your time listening to him.

PS. you are clearly hanging out with the wrong Brits !
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Badger66:
Mancat, Tommy Robson or by his real name  Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, Is just a racist cunt preying on the weak minded don't waste your time listening to him.

PS. you are clearly hanging out with the wrong Brits !
View Quote

Lol that made me laugh. Makes me laugh how people get caught up with anyones shite they spout out on youtube.
Atb
Mart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top