Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 12:37:13 PM EDT
Anyone seen one of these over here?

http://www.nikonhunting.com/page/catalog_item/8488

Of the 2nd/ 3rd tier mfrs, they seem to have a reasonable reputation for build quality and glass.

TBH, I need something that isn't £1000+ in time for the 9th and these (target turret version setup for 55gn) look ike they might be a good bet @ £350-ish inc 1 piece mount.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the exact same scope on my AR and used it to very good effect at WMS last week. 223 out to 600 metres with the bdc reticle was great. I fired plenty other rifles on the day some of which were sporting high end zeiss optics. Honestly, there was nothing to choose between them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have the exact same scope on my AR and used it to very good effect at WMS last week. 223 out to 600 metres with the bdc reticle was great. I fired plenty other rifles on the day some of which were sporting high end zeiss optics. Honestly, there was nothing to choose between them.

Your input is requested in this thread : WMS PR Match
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool.. the other reviews I've read have been also been favourable.   The rifle already shoots better that I do with the cheap Nikko S I have on it at the moment. For the first season of CSR it will do fine. I'll post pics when it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
email me and i will send you a pic of it mounted, cant be bothered with all that web hosty photo business.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Steven_UK

Your input is requested in this thread  : WMS PR Match

Thats a long complicated thread and Im not sure what I could offer as everyone seems to be rather well informed. On the day I was covered by the proprietors insurance. The whole day was drama free. Everyone needs to stop worrying about it and enjoy the shooting. For me it was the best shooting experience Ive had and beats punching paper any day. Its the future!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steven_UK

Your input is requested in this thread  : WMS PR Match

Thats a long complicated thread and Im not sure what I could offer as everyone seems to be rather well informed. On the day I was covered by the proprietors insurance. The whole day was drama free. Everyone needs to stop worrying about it and enjoy the shooting. For me it was the best shooting experience Ive had and beats punching paper any day. Its the future!

That's not what I've heard.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Edit: HTML broken :-(

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]

The US company that I placed and order with just reported to me that my scope has shipped, but the mount that goes with it is on the restricted list and has been removed ...WTF.... how does that work? the scope isn't restricted by ITAR but the aluminium mount is ??? Makes no sense at all.

Wardco - where did you buy your scope from? did you buy the Nikon mount (my understanding was that you needed the 20MOA that the mount added for full 600yrds)

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for looking that out..when I searched ebay I didn't see it.   I actually already placed the order with the guy from theriflescopestore.com who was very quick to reply and got one shipped to me today.

Looking at the email I got from the other store, it appears that they have a 'Risk Management' team that make decisions about what stuff might be classed as 'military' and what isn't. Seems a bit arbitrary that a mount should be when the scope isn't. Having said that, I understand the punishments for getting it wrong are huge (max of 10yrs in jail / $500K fine per infraction ), so you can see why they'd be jumpy. Must cost US companies a bit in lost export opportunities though.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I got mine from Optics planet, tried to buy it with the mount but as you say, the mount is restricted!
Dont worry though mine works just fine on standard rings out to 600m. 20moa base seems overkill to me?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top