Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2010 8:06:24 AM EDT
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of a .357 and a .44 Taurus LBR next to each other? I know there are plenty of pics of them seperate, but I'm after one side by side.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a .44 mag and a .45 acp. A few lads down the club have .357/38. If I get chance to go down the range next week I will put them all down on a desk side by side and take a pircture for you.

Regards

Chris
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be great cheers
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine in 357, currently sporting Aimpoint M4

Link Posted: 6/7/2010 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x196/timlad07/DSC01554.jpg

Comp 4 on a Taurus? You're a bad bugger Kennerley,. ...........glad to see you got out of Turkey in one piece.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comp 4 on a Taurus? You're a bad bugger Kennerley,. ...........glad to see you got out of Turkey in one piece.

Haven't shot it with it on yet, but its perfectly balanced, at 25 yards the sights on a 357 taurus run out of adjustment, so I thought
it was a good compromise

Link Posted: 6/7/2010 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow never seen an M4 on a pistol before. I used to have a .357 Taurus, bit sorry I got rid of it. I've been thinking about getting one in .44 Mag as the thicker barrel/bigger size will make it look more 'normal'. That's why I want a side by side pic to compare them, I'd need a good reason too for a variation.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry mate. Been down the club a bunch of times in the last couple of weeks and no one with a Taurus other than a .44 has been down. However I took a picture of my .44 and .45 for you. The .45 acp has had the rod conversion done by SYSS and a set of houge grips

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd never actually thought about getting an LBR...

Until I saw that picture!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry mate. Been down the club a bunch of times in the last couple of weeks and no one with a Taurus other than a .44 has been down. However I took a picture of my .44 and .45 for you. The .45 acp has had the rod conversion done by SYSS and a set of houge grips

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480/4004437/22451063/388327230.jpg

Cheers for that. The .44 does look beefier. Which do you prefer best, the rod or brace?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480/4004437/22451063/388327230.jpg

Cheers for that. The .44 does look beefier. Which do you prefer best, the rod or brace?

Aren't they based on the same frame?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Its just the grips that make the .44 look bigger. In the factory spec  they are identical  in size. As for the wrist brace V's the rod conversion. It seems to be a matter of taste. I find my .45 is better for PP1 and multi target and the .44 with the brace is better for precision. Im probably going to get a rail and red dot fitted on the  .45 . I quite fancy a go at the steel plate shoot at the next Pheonix
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Its just the grips that make the .44 look bigger. In the factory spec  they are identical  in size. As for the wrist brace V's the rod conversion. It seems to be a matter of taste. I find my .45 is better for PP1 and multi target and the .44 with the brace is better for precision. Im probably going to get a rail and red dot fitted on the  .45 . I quite fancy a go at the steel plate shoot at the next Pheonix

You can do it sooner than that, at the Autumn & Spring Action Weekends.......
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I meant beefier than the .357
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:You can do it sooner than that, at the Autumn & Spring Action Weekends.......

I thought about the Imperial or the Action weekends. However don't know if I'm going to get the time off work. On a plus side I entered the Derby .22 comps and another club LBR league. So will have plenty of cards to shoot. My .45 is off to an RFD mates workshop in a week or so then back to proof. I'm having the cylinder modded to take Smith and Wesson full moon clips. Just need a couple thou off the cylinder and extractor star. Hopefully they wont bend like the Taurus clips do and I have about 300 Smith and Wesson clips on the shelf from way back

The muisses has been out looking at LBR's the last week or so so looks like she's getting a .38/357 Alfa Proj as she isnt a Taurus fan and the weight diffrence between the Taurus and Alfa is massive.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark I know !! last time I was out in the states I showed a picture of my LBR's to a couple of mates on the range we were shooting at. They almost wet themselves laughing at them However the M28 highway patrolman they lent me while I was there made up for the piss taking. Once I get round to my next variation I will buy somthing less ghey
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mark I know !! last time I was out in the states I showed a picture of my LBR's to a couple of mates on the range we were shooting at. They almost wet themselves laughing at them However the M28 highway patrolman they lent me while I was there made up for the piss taking. Once I get round to my next variation I will buy somthing less ghey

Yeah, they're crap, just like LBP's. After all I only came 11th in a recent comp., shooting against hi-cap semi-auto rifles.............

Link Posted: 6/11/2010 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#18]
LBR's looks like props from a Leslie Nielsen movie...
Søren
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Søren

Better than looking like a 'prop' from a John Leslie 'Home' movie......
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Søren
Better than looking like a 'prop' from a John Leslie 'Home' movie......
Prop means "Cork" in danish so that joke took on a extra dimension suddenly...
Soren
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Still not been able to get a picture of them with a .357/38 . Every time I have been down the range the lads have been shooting .44's . However having tried speed steels and advancing target im putting a variation in for a 357/38, so when I get it I will take a picture of them all together.

regards

Chris
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.
Americans come to this part of the site and laugh......at you  

Maybe, but as we can't have proper ones, they are a substitute.
Link Posted: 7/4/2010 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#23]
JTL make a long-barreled wheelgun in 44 mag.  I've heard they're very nice!

Link Posted: 7/5/2010 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
JTL make a long-barreled wheelgun in 44 mag.  I've heard they're very nice!

......and cost about $6000 over here....

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

LBR's are teh ghey.

Well I sure was laughing. Forgive a dumb question here. I have been a gun guy my entire life, but have no clue what the rods, or braces  are for. Could one of you gents please explain?

I am assuming that the brace or rod, helps stabilize the firearm on your forearm?

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

Well I sure was laughing. Forgive a dumb question here. I have been a gun guy my entire life, but have no clue what the rods, or braces  are for. Could one of you gents please explain?

I am assuming that the brace or rod, helps stabilize the firearm on your forearm?

All that extraneous metalwork is there to comply with the law.

After the  Dunblane School Shootings in 1996  the Government saw an electioneering opportunity to grab some votes by banning handguns. The criteria applied to define "handgun" was barrel length and overall length, hence the long barrels, and the braces, rods, etc to comply with the requirement for an overall length of 600mm. All our normal pistols were confiscated and destroyed, all we can have now are the things you see the photos of.

Link Posted: 7/9/2010 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LBR's are teh ghey.

Well I sure was laughing. Forgive a dumb question here. I have been a gun guy my entire life, but have no clue what the rods, or braces are for. Could one of you gents please explain?

After the Dunblane School Shootings in 1996 the Government saw an electioneering opportunity to grab some votes by banning handguns. The criteria applied to define "handgun" was barrel length and overall length, hence the long barrels, and the braces, rods, etc to comply with the requirement for an overall length of 600mm. All our normal pistols were confiscated and destroyed, all we can have now are the things you see the photos of.

Wow. Just wow. So is that law in all of Britain?

Link Posted: 7/9/2010 1:47:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some part of Nottingham, Manchester and London appear to be exempt
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot all of Liverpool!
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#31]
A'rite, a'rite, caaalm down, caaalm down...
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/9/2010 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

Well I sure was laughing. Forgive a dumb question here. I have been a gun guy my entire life, but have no clue what the rods, or braces are for. Could one of you gents please explain?

After the Dunblane School Shootings in 1996 the Government saw an electioneering opportunity to grab some votes by banning handguns. The criteria applied to define "handgun" was barrel length and overall length, hence the long barrels, and the braces, rods, etc to comply with the requirement for an overall length of 600mm. All our normal pistols were confiscated and destroyed, all we can have now are the things you see the photos of.

Yes. that is why you in the USA MUST RESIST ALL efforts to impose firearm registration. Remember, the law only affects the law abiding.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LBR's are teh ghey.

Yes. that is why you in the USA MUST RESIST ALL efforts to impose firearm registration. Remember, the law only affects the law abiding.

Oh I do. I know that there is a lot of hate hate and discontent heer for the NRA, but I don't know where we would be without them. They get money from me as do several other places.

Here in my small town we have a lot of "gun control twinks" moving in from California. Last year they were trying to ban concealed carry from city property. Thanks to the effort of a the the gun crowd here, it didn't even go before the city council.

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

We have to make do with what we have though Dont we, It wasn't long ago I got laughed out of GD for having a 'straight pull' AR.

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

We have to make do with what we have though Dont we, It wasn't long ago I got laughed out of GD for having a 'straight pull' AR.

Nope,
Straight pull AR is still a rifle,
12" barrelled handgun with a wrist race or extn is nothing more than an abomination

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

Nope,
12" barrelled handgun with a wrist race or extn is nothing more than an abomination

Make do with what we can be trusted with for the minute, and the wrist brace helps with the extra weight on the .357 barrel.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

Nope,

So is an LBR/LBP...............24/12 sucker...............................
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

As an American I'm highly insulted that you would even come up with such a ridiculous accusation that one of us would be so crude and crass as to make fun of those abominations.

But if you are going to own one of those; you might as well wear the proper suit, gloves and hat as well.

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LBR's are teh ghey.

As an American I'm highly insulted that you would even come up with such a ridiculous accusation that one of us would be so crude and crass as to make fun of those abominations.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/92/Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG/800px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.JPG

But if you are going to own one of those; you might as well wear the proper suit, gloves and hat as well.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#43]

.44 mag top
.357 mag middle
.45 acp bottom
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

I think people in Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands can still legally own normal looking handguns for sporting purposes.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
LBR's are teh ghey.

I think people in Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands can still legally own normal looking handguns for sporting purposes.

Correct, it's just us on mainland UK that can't be trusted...........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top