Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank the heavens for that!

What a great idea; now once they ban ordinary knives, no-one will be stabbed.

After all, criminals don't already have access to millions of knives - or could just buy another one from a high street shop. Let's not forget, it worked with the handgun ban....

Hang on
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
yet another reason why I'm off!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I can understand marketing it as a safety device to stop personal injury... But anti-stab... that's probably one of the monst ridiculous things i've ever seen.. lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... that's probably one of the monst ridiculous things i've ever seen.. lol

Huge +1

It'll probably take a politician being mugged or slashed to make them wake up and smell the coffee..

Minimum 2 year tariff for carrying a knife... with no good reason

Minimum 5 year tariff for using one in an act of violence...

Minimum 30 years for murder with a knife...  

edit^

i have carried a knife all my life and still do and will, it is a tool and no more and i have never felt the urge to stabb anyone . but you are right on the above , yet we know that will never happen .

i am not in favour of any bans but would like to see some of them get some long jail time .

i see all the time on the UK cop shows ,some kid caught  DWD for the 10th time and he gets another ban and a 200 quid fine

our American friends have it better sorted , that kid would have been in jail long before that.

john

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
So, a blunt instrument is ok then ?

Because nobody has ever been murdered with a blunt instrument have they ??

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I've realised most of my comments look the same, but seriously, are they taking the piss?

Love to see someone using the knife to open the bag the carrots have been bought in.

Ass clowns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top